Rachio Sprinkler Controller - Checking Status

Hey there! @srastegarlari,

Have you already tried troubleshooting the application itself? Are you using the device on Android or IOS?

Have you already tried clearing the cache of the Smartthings Application and then restarting your device?

You can acheive this by Settings>Apps>Smarthings>Storage>Clear cache and Restart your device. I would recommend first giving this step a try to confirm you have completed this troubleshooting step.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

I have the same issue, all zones state “checking status” in app. I cleared cash, reset hub…no joy. Disconnected app…reinstalled. Still shows checking status. Classic app shows duplications of zones, and all show ON (they are not). Shots from both apps attached.

I did try all of the above as you suggested and still no joy.

Thank you for confirming that you tried the steps above.

My next recommendation would be to try this troubleshooting article for when your devices are not responding/disconnected to see if it brings the devices back online and functional.

You can locate more information here at this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109777/

If the symptoms persist after trying the article, I would reach out directly to the support team for further assistance!

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Any luck finding a fix for this? All my zones say checking status. Tried reinstalling and resetting everything with no luck

We reached out to Rachio regarding this issue. SmartThings isn’t receiving device events. The devices are only reporting null values such as:

{
    "components": {
        "main": {
            "valve": {
                "valve": {
                    "value": null
                }
            },
            "switch": {
                "switch": {
                    "value": null
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

So is a fix expected from Rachio?

Thank you for following up on this!

I am not in direct contact with Rachio. However, my understanding is that a “fix” would come from Rachio.

There is no fix. Rachio controller is not supported in the new app. Rachio has being saying for over a year that it will eventually be supported. I’ve opened numerous support tickets directly with Rachio, you get the same canned response indicating that they are aware of the issue and working on it. I wouldn’t count on a solution after all this time.

UPDATE: Apologies. Reading again it seems you have added Rachio from the new app which is what I was linking to above. However, when I tried it the new integration set the zones up as switches, not valves (yours look like valves). I was told making them switches was a conscious decision. Perhaps that has changed now.

I do know that if you already had Rachio installed in Classic, that integration does not work in the new ST Connect App. You have to uninstall the old integration and then install in Connect. But it seems you still have issues with that.

Last week - everything stopped working in the Classic app. Now it makes sense.
However, if you want to keep the functionality that was present before the change - you cannot use the official device handler. Custom device handler published on github works perfectly - https://github.com/tonesto7/rachio-manager/blob/master/devicetypes/tonesto7/rachio-controller.src/

When trying to add rachio it gives me a network server error. I am in europe

Sorry a bit dumb on some of this. So if I remove from both classic and connect, and reinstall in connect only then it will show proper on/off as switch? That’s really all I care to see (not worried with the valve). This back and forth with two apps is getting old.

Not sure - I’m very hesitant to delete anything from the Classic app because you can’t add everything back anymore since they are deprecating it [learned that the hard way with routines & other smartapps]. I’m also using a custom device handler, so I’m not having the same issue that everyone is reporting. I have on/off control of the both the switch and value.

I’ve been setting a time limit through ST to control zones for a certain time based on conditions. E.g., I run a zone for one minute when wildlife enters a Ring camera zone. This doesn’t appear to be working now. Was a time element for turning on zones eliminated from the Rachio interface? Is there another way to accomplish this?

Looks like they fixed it! I had a thread with Rachio support going referencing this thread which really helped. They confirmed that they addressed this and I did as well on the Smartthings side.

Thanks for all the great input guys!

Did you get this working again? I keep getting the same error with network and I am in US.

Nope i still get tbe same error

Hey everyone; I’ve just finally finished my migration to the new app this weekend and the Rachio integration still isn’t working. It was what was stopping me from attempting the migration months ago, but I gave up and decided maybe actually doing it would pull things into line. No such luck.

I’ve got a Gen 2 controller and it works fine in the classic app - but in the new ST app all of the devices just show “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again” when you try to open them. Have disconnected/reconnected multiple times, no love. The Integration (under Connected Services) in the new app shows the controller and all the devices no problem, but I can’t control them.