Get ready to make the switch!

Yes, I’ve see that quite a lot over the few days. The ‘refresh’ button usually fixes things. I’ve seen quite a few other reports of it.

What’s the trick for Rachio? I am still seeing ‘Can’t connect to device’ in the Connect app.

may have to add Rachio again from the new app to get the ST Schema version.

All the time… refresh helps, but I’m not happy wit this kind of “security”

1 Like

Ugh, thanks. So annoying when you have to remove and re-add devices.

1 Like

So deleting the prior devices and integration then re-adding in the Connect app simply sets each Rachio Zone up as a simple on/off switch rather than valves with the functionality and reporting of the prior Classic official integration.

Am I missing something?

Nope, for better or worse, that’s what mine is to.

Sigh. Another step backwards.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve been nearly exclusively on the new STSC app since sometime in December.

After living with the latest update for a couple of weeks I have to say it’s got some new annoyances.

1. When you tap on a device the controls such as on/off and dim level take a couple of seconds to load. I’ve got a 100Mbps fiber connection to the internet with low latency.
  2. There seems to be no caching of the controls. Accessing the same device repeatedly still requires a couple of seconds before the controls are usable.
  3. The order of items on the device’s page, for dimmers at least, is annoying. There are controls for timer and timed power on and off which are seldom used. On my phone, these push the dim level control partially off the screen. So the process of changing from level requires first waiting for controls to load, then scrolling down to make the slider accessible.
5 Likes

I’ve been trying to play with the new app but a major pet peeve is how heavily it relies on “rooms” for organization. I spend an hour yesterday putting all my devices in rooms via the IDE. The classic app reflects that. The new app, they’re all all showing “No room assigned”.

Even removing and reinstalling the new app doesn’t fix it.

Have any forum members actually gotten the banner notice yet?

I did, as I noted above.

I have a very basic set up. I don’t use webcore, I don’t use any custom smartapps, I do use virtual switches and a few custom DTHs.

I haven’t done anything about it, though, because the current version of the iOS smartthings app is not voice navigable. :disappointed_relieved:

Sorry you feel that way. This version of the integration was designed in collaboration with the team at Rachio. Almost all uses of their devices through SmartThings are manual single zone actuations or main valve on/off (which this integration allows for). Because of how complicated the “smart” settings on their devices are if configured properly, more advanced zone settings (soil types, irrigation head flow rates, field depletion settings, etc.) lend themselves better to configuration in the Rachio app.

Fair point. It was just useful to be able to get some of the readings in ST itself.

But could it not have been set-up at least as a valve versus a switch?

1 Like

Will bring that feedback to them for future revisions, thank you.

Checking on the rationale for this with our WWST team.
Updated: Switch was used for two reasons 1) it allows for significantly more triggers to be used via the integrated rule builder in its current form 2) The syntax (zone on/off (switch) vs. zone open/closed (valve)) makes more contextual sense in history and notifications.

2 Likes

Thanks Blake.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

1 Like

@blake.arnold - I’ve got a banner in the classic app, started appearing yesterday. Looks like below.

No matter what PW I try (current ST pw, current Samsung pw, older PWs, it always refuses to accept my PW. Tried repeated, carefully, not an issue w/PW typos.

So I tried the Forgot Password option (both last night and this AM) but I never receive a password reset email (yes, checked SPAM folder in my email account).

I can log into my Smartthings IDE using my Samsung account/PW. My ST and Samsung account use the same email address. I have the new app on my phone and am logged into it using my Samsung account/PW.

Appreciate some assistance w/this.

Screenshot_20200224-084948_SmartThings

@Babar_Khan

In the device handler change this line

definition (name: “Kankun Wifi Outlet”, namespace: “allen00se”, author: “Krys Allen”)

to

definition (name: “Kankun Wifi Outlet”, namespace: “allen00se”, author: “Krys Allen”, vid: “generic-switch”)

1 Like

Presence detection stopped working for me in New st app. I’m using the phone as a native presence detection in the app.
This has worked d perfectly for about a month. Today I left the house and when I returned it showed me as away and the alarm went off.
Now it only shows me as away.