Push notifications suddenly stopped working

I have just noticed my push notifIcations have stopped working - I haven’t changed any settings and notifications are set to ON in the settings on my iPhone. They usually trigger when door sensor opened, washing machine finishes (via SmartThings power outlet) etc but over the last few days they are no longer working. I’m wondering if this is as a result of a software update eg iOS, ST app update etc. Wonder if anyone has any ideas?

one thing to try… uninstall the app and reinstall. note: this will cause you to lose your current dashboard arrangement of the app.

What about for individual devices? I’m not sure how that works on iOS with ST, but on the Android ST version, tap on Notifications (not to turn it all on/off). This brings up toggles for each device. @jkp , do the iOS version do that too? I noticed that I stopped getting notifications from my Samsung appliances, and it turned out the individual device notification was somehow toggled off.

yep……………….

1 Like

Everything is turned on as it should - interestingly they are coming through on iPad Pro and not on my iPhone 11 anymore although notifications turned on for ST and all others. I have just installed ios 14.5 on the iPhone so I’m wondering if it’s a bug in that as it seemed to coincide.

Try my suggestion. That is what I did to resolve it when it happened on my iphone

Note: there is one nasty bug I failed to mention :grin:

When you remove the iOS app and reinstall… scenes disappear from the dashboard. Only way I found to get them back is to delete/create the scenes. Very annoying.

I guess you can say it is a scene killer. I have gotten rid of all scenes except one

I too having this similar issue. After a a random power outage push notification quit working on all devices.

Ive reinstalled on all devices but just cant seem to get anything? History says everything is reporting open and closes etc… but notification history shows last one was on Tuesday after the power outage. Ive also power cycled the smart hub.

Any other ideas?

I’m having the same issue. Seems like notifications from Automations work but not from old smartapps or when alarm is armed. It is both location based and non location based.

Same issue here too. Push notifications stopped working and no amount of rebooting, deleting, reinstalling will fix it. Two iPhones, 1 iPad are not receiving push. Events are occurring as they show up in “history” on the app, and all device toggles are on.

Yes, same type of problem solving I’ve turned to. I’m unsure if the SmartApps are working at all.

No push notifications anymore from my SmartThings V2 hub. I verified, all notifications are ON. I am using iOS 15 but I’ve also tried from an Android phone. No notifications from any sensor, alarms, Smart Monitor, nothing.
I am also tried with WebCore notifications. No luck.

Same here. All push notifications on all devices have stopped. Tried everything and can’t fix myself.

1 Like

Same here. All have stopped. Samsung messed something up. On Samsung Android phone

Hi,

An old thread, but same problem… Anyone find a fix to this?

Running IOS16 on an iPhone 11 Pro with the SmartThings app running. Notifications show up in the history list, but just don’t alert me anymore?

All settings are enabled in iOS and the app.

Ideas?

Thanks - Paul

report it to ST Support so they can investigate :slight_smile:

it appears to be limited to the iPhone. The iPad works fine.

1 Like

It is not just iPhone itvis android devices too. History information is available but notifications for all devices says none. My bigbthingvis my z-wave door locks. I want to know when the door is opened. Used to get notifications and then they suddenly stopped working. I never changed any settings.

Anyone receive a resolution?