Missing notifications with latest iOS and SmartThings app

I am running version 1.6.78-591 of the SmartThings app on iOS 15.3.1 on an iPhone 8 and notifications and automations are pretty non existent. Within the SmartThings app I have notifications enabled for all my devices and within the iOS setup Push notifications and GPS are configured, however my door sensors are no longer notifying me and when I leave the house the app is not detecting I have left therefore does not run the routines. If I open the front door and then open the app it sees the front door as being open so communication is working from the sensor to the hub and into the app but it just isn’t triggering the push notification.

I have tried the usual things, re-install app, recreating routines etc. but nothing has fixed it.

Anyone else having these issues? Has anyone integrated with Google Home app and switched over to that, is that any more reliable?

I am experiencing the exact same issue. It seems like it is only Smartthings notifications for me. Other IOS apps are pushing. I’m running IOS 15.4.1 on iPhone 12.

Had the same issue and I gave up and went back to webCoRE until it’s all sorted out. The ST Rule Engine is so dang inconsistent. Notifications work sometimes then out of the blue just stop for no sensible reason. I really wish we could go back to the old days where even though things were flakey then, it was snappy for the most part and 3rd party Apps like CoRE and then webCoRE just worked.

Me too, started three days ago after the iOS update.

I am still on iOS 15.3.1 and notifications are still working so I think I’ll hold off on the update for as long as I can. Surely the SmartThings team get access to beta releases of iOS and can test this before GA?

I’m on 15.4.1 and my notifications keep disappearing. I delete the app, reinstall, and it works for a few days, then just stops. Super frustrating, since I can’t find a better way to re-enable.

Same issue with the Android ST app, v. 1.7.84.21. I receive notifications when I turn on or off the devices from the app, but not when I turn on or off the devices directly (sound notification for lights on or off, works when i control the lights from the app, but no notifications received when I use the light switch itself. This used to work.

Same problem here. All notifications are working except ST. And I have one sensor routine set up to send a text message and the history indicates that this is happening, but it never shows up on my phone. So no push notifications, no low battery notifications, no routine text notifications. Not sure what it is related to as I am not sure when it started but I just noticed it last week, around March 20. I updated to iOS 16 software in a iPhone 14 quite some tine ago and have the latest ST and device updates, or at least the app says everything is up to date. Sounds like something in ST is no longer compatible with the iOS 16 software?

Shouldn’t your user name be Tar Heel 72? Ha ha just playing!

I just tested and SMS is working fine with iOS.

Try opting in your phone number to see if that might fix it:. I just copied and pasted the old info below:

US Customer: You must opt in to continue receiving SMS from SmartThings. You can do this by texting YES at any time to 844-647 for each phone number set up to receive SMS.

Thanks I’ll try that but that wouldn’t have any effect on the push notifications. I used to get a notification pop up on my screen whenever the door sensor opened and also notifications about low batteries in my leak sensors and I get none of that now.

It should work:

• check app permissions
  • any type of blocking apps installed such as PiHole, firewall or VPN since notifications would be through the cloud?
  • tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? Yes, you would lose room and device sorting that you currently have.

Other than that… I am not sure

Definitely report the issue to ST support and let them investigate further

1 Like

I’ve verified everything. I have not deleted/reinstalled the app yet but read several posts on the SmartThings forum where people did that and it didn’t help. It’s my last resort.

I need to backtrack.

SMS works fine for me.
Notifications work for me on the iPad (what I was using last night when I responded) but notifications are not showing on the iPhone.