Problem with multi-sensor

I have a multi-sensor that is connected to my system. When I vibrate it, I see the results in both SmartThings app and in my developer account (for acceleration).

I am trying to handle the acceleration event in a SmartApp but it doesn’t respond / see the event. I also cannot get it to see the event when I use a virtual device. This should be basic stuff, I can handle events from all my other devices.

Which model? (Aeotec, Fibaro, SmartThings, ?) And which device handler?

what are you subscribing too? Can you show me that line in the code?

It is the SmartThings multi-sensor
Whatever handler ST defaults to.
Below is a snippet of my code. I use this same code in 3 different locations for several different devices.

preferences {
section(“Devices”) {
input “Toilet1”, “capability.waterSensor”, title:"Where ?"
input “MasterBedroomMotion”, “capability.motionSensor”, title:"Where ?"
input “MedicationBox”, “capability.accelerationSensor”, title:“Where ?”
}

}

def installed() {
log.debug “Installed with settings: ${settings}”

initialize()

}

def updated() {
log.debug “Updated with settings: ${settings}”

unsubscribe()
initialize()

}

def initialize() {
subscribe(Toilet1,“water”,dataChangeHandler)
subscribe(MasterBedroomMotion,“motion”,dataChangeHandler)
subscribe(MedicationBox,“active”,dataChangeHandler)
}

def dataChangeHandler(evt){
log.debug “$location: $evt.date - $evt.id : $evt.displayName - $evt.stringValue”
}

This should be subscribe(MedicationBox, "acceleration.active", dataChangeHandler) if you want to subscribe to active acceleration.

1 Like

yep :smile:

Your options are

(MedicationBox, “acceleration.active”, dataChangeHandler) = subscribes to only an “active” accel. event
(MedicationBox, “acceleration.inactive”, dataChangeHandler) = subscribes to only an “inactive” accel. event
(MedicationBox, “acceleration”, dataChangeHandler) = .subscribes to all accel. events.

3 Likes

Works with simulation and I assume it will work with actual sensor (will verify tonight). Thanks a LOT for your help. I really appreciate it.