How ot Calibrate SmartSense Multi-sensore any vibration triggers open or close event

My SmartSense Multi is very sensitive to any vibration. I see that temperature can be calibrated, how about the sensitivity for triggering open/close action? My understanding is that this is a sensor issue, but could I create my own app and control the threshold for triggering an event, right now I’m using the ‘Something Opens or Closes’ app.

Thanks,

Hey, there…

I have the same issue here.
I also would like to be notified if it get opened or if it moved (I am placing it on a window, It would be nice to know if someone opens it or breaks it)

If you’re not afraid of hacking the device driver for this, one could swap the vibration events for open/close…
I can’t volunteer for this one right now, but it is certainly very doable.

I have done that for the device that I have placed on mu garage door, but the ones that are in my windows I would like to tell me if someone breaks it or open it. Is an option to let me get that while hacking the device?

Thank you in advance!

You can use the “Notify Me When” SmartApp to send you a text message or push message when acceleration is detected. I’m not sure if there is a SmartApp to trigger an alarm as well.

Yes that is possible, but I want to trigger the alarm when the sensor opens or accelerate…

Has anyone made an app for v2 to turn on an alarm if there is acceleration detected not just to notify, but do both?

‘Rule Machine’ will do this.

Where can I see the live sensor data from vibration? Is that shown on the app in the tile with the three numbers? I can’t quite tell as the numbers don’t seem to correlate with motion, at least not in a fashion that’s obvious to me.

EDIT: I checked over in the graph API and now see those are 3-axis. And there’s a separate value for acceleration.

Which doesn’t seem sensitive enough for my purpose (detecting if a fan is running).