Preview | SmartThings-managed Edge Device Drivers

That’s intentional. The SmartThings/Aeotec sensors have been local for a long time with a native “DTH” built into the hub at a lower (and therefore more efficient) level. Plus it’s working and we felt there was no need to change what’s working.

It is possible to write a driver for these devices if you want to do something special, here’s an example for the multi: SampleDrivers/st-multipurpose-sensor at main · SmartThingsDevelopers/SampleDrivers · GitHub

2 Likes

It doesn’t work either.

For what it’s worth, when you open the link, it no longer asks for the first step, that you accept. Goes directly to the page

and the icon stays spinning

2 Likes

Nope same thing. I believe you should check your permissions. Incognito does not work either.

1 Like

If I give the sharing URL of my custom edge driver to a user today will they be able to immediately start using my driver?

I know that’s an oversimplification of the process, but I want to make sure that the sharing URLs aren’t currently limited to specific drivers before I start converting all of my DTHs.

2 Likes

From what I can tell, the drivers are not yet supported on the SmartThings WiFi Hub since it is only running ver 36.5 and drivers require ver 38.000XX.

1 Like

You are inviting users to a channel. They will have access to every driver in that channel.

1 Like

And in the console says:

/api/channels/b1373fea-da9b-434b-b674-6694ce5d08cc:1 
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
createError.js:16
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request failed with status code 403
    at e.exports (createError.js:16)
    at e.exports (settle.js:17)
    at XMLHttpRequest.p.onreadystatechange (xhr.js:62)
1 Like

Yes, assuming the user has the following prerequisites:

1. hub firmware 38.x or above (only V2, V3 and Aeotec hubs)
  2. the latest android app or the soon to be released iOS app update

You should probably also warn the user that they will have to exclude/delete the device and re-pair it and that the device will not work with any Groovy smart apps (smart lighting, webCoRE, Sharptools, etc)

2 Likes

@Andremain @Mariano_Colmenarejo @orangebucket I think we have been able to fix your accounts. Let us know if you are able to enroll your hubs in the beta channel now. We are still looking into what caused your accounts to get into this broken state.

1 Like

@caleb.varberg @Mariano_Colmenarejo Yeah thanks it works now!

To be honest i suspect that the reason it went into the broken state is that i opened the link, clicked allow and then closed it to read the rest of the topic. Don’t know if it helps but this is what i did.

Too bad non of my devices are eligible. Lets hope more will be added soon.

Wouldn’t say no to the ikea buttons… nudge budge…

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining the invitations.

At this moment, is it possible for me to create my own channel, invite other users to it, and have them immediately start using the edge drivers I’ve added to it. (assuming their hub meets the requirements)

I’ll go through the documentation to figure out how to do all of that, but I just want to make sure that I fully understand what’s possible TODAY.

2 Likes

Enrollment in the beta drivers program has worked fine.

I have downloaded the zigbee smoke sensor driver.

I have seen that my Heiman EF-3.0 model is not in the driver fingerprints. There are the N-3.0 and older EM models.
I was using the modified dth with the fingerprint of this model and it works perfectly.

I have tried pairing it in the app and it re-pairs with the modified DTH, not the Beta driver.

I have erased the modified DTH and now it pairs as “thing” it does not pair with the Beta driver.

The beta driver is correctly installed in the hub.

Could the fingerprint file be modified to add the EF-3.0 model?

from the initial driver list, the only compatible device i have and i could try it’s a 5 bucks aqara zigbee water leak sensor…can i pull the trigger??? :slight_smile:

can you please publish any example with Zigbee binding table and settings?

1 Like

Yes, once you generate the invitation, it provides an URL that you can use to enroll your Hub and add the Driver shared in that channel:

Is it any way to create and control child devices?
Everybody is waiting for local execution version of “Zibee Multi Switch”.

1 Like

Where did you see the aqara sensor in the list?

In Edge Drivers they are handled as components of the main device, which is really the way that both the Zigbee and Zwave third-party protocols envision them. Parent/child being established as multiple devices was a smartthings construct, which is why so few of these devices worked out of the box with the platform.

See the following post and the next response to it:

Groovy is on the way out Smartthings Edge is the replacement - #29 by Chares

2 Likes

I don’t, but can’t we use the driver for any generic zigbee water leak sensor?

It’s so bad to hear that I could only make child ‘components’ instead of child ‘devices’.

Let’s say there’s a 2 gang switch, and

gang 1 is hooked up with “living room light” and
gang 2 is hooked up with “hallway light”

If it is implemented as child “components”, there’s no straight way to turn these lights via voice commands, such as “Bixby, turn on the hallway light” or “OK Google, turn on the hallway light”.

This is so bad. I’m using voice assistant A LOT… for turning on/off the lights that are hooked up with multi gang switches.

Until this problem is solved, I should be using groovy DTHs for Zigbee Multi Switches.

1 Like