Regarding the version control of the edge driver, I have the following comments:
- When I modify the code of a driver, I want to keep the same name and create the package. It creates it with the same name, the same id and the current date as version:
│ Driver Id │ a2f7ec78-14c8-492d-9965-7544b0fc3b68 │
│ Name │ Zigbee Smoke Detector Heiman │
│ Package Key │ zigbee-smoke-detector-heiman │
│ Version │ 2021-08-28T11: 18: 25.128977 │
- When you publish it, it overwrites the previous version, but you cannot see the version (date)
- When you install driver in the hub, it overwrites the previous one and does not differentiate the version (date), only see version 2, which has not changed from the original.
- In order for this new version to be installed on the device, it must be uninstalled and re-paired.
- I cannot use the app tool to use the other driver, since only the latest version is in the hub.
- The only solution I see is to create another channel for each version and delete de older after installed in device
- By the way, does this app tool to use another driver work? It gives me an error: make sure your phone is connected to the network. See this thread.
New Edge Drivers Beta list - #51 by Mariano_Colmenarejo