Presence not working on android 11

We have pixel 4a phones running Android 11
The presence function just flat out does not work. Leaving arriving neither work.
Have uninstalled and re installed with no effect.
We are in the latest smarthings app and latest firmware on hub.
Are others seeing this issue ?

Same here, ever since getting the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G and the wife getting the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE the presence says we have arrived home then immediately changes to away again, leaving the whole house in darkness.

I have switched off all battery optimisations etc… also re-setting up the device within SmartThings with no avail

1 Like

My wife’s Notes 20 Ultra upgraded to Android 11 and it’s been busted somewhat. It sees her leave the house the same time I leave so no delays there. When we return, I show I’m back and hers doesn’t trigger. Oddly, a day later, it shows she came back at 7am. Things were working before the update and now it’s not working… Just today, we both left and registered we left… When we came back, only my phone showed I’m back and her phone didn’t show she’s. Doubled checked her settings on her phone and no battery optimization are on, location allowed all the time, etc.

Looking at IDE, my wife’s phone device didn’t register the event and still shows “occupied” from that past event where her phone mysteriously came back at 7am.

My s10 has the same behavior where it recognizes I’m home but then immediately switches to away. I started a thread on that a month or two ago, still no update or solution. I upgraded my s10 to the OneUI 3.0 beta Android 11 hoping that it would somehow fix my location issues but it still does the same thing. I’m so frustrated with this because my smart home functioned like it should for years on the classic app, but all of a sudden it doesn’t work at all on the new app.

Switch to life360 if you can. I gave up on use the smartthings as a presence sensor a while ago. Good riddance. It’s embarrassing.

2 Likes

I recently switched to Life360 for presence
It’s RELIABLE

Turned OFF the ST Presence crap.

1 Like

I did this some time ago simply for the much smaller geo fence that Life 360 offers

1 Like

The only thing that puts me off L360 is the charge for something that should be free with Smartthings

You get 2 locations for free with Life 360 and unlimited users for one account

2 Likes

Really, I always thought it cost, I will have a look at that then, thank you

1 Like

I’ve heard others say in this forum that it’s not compatible with the new app. I used to use it in the classic app but don’t see a way to connect it in the new app. I’m guessing it’s one of these situations where we have to learn code just to get our houses working correctly. Edit: Tried to download the Classic App to reconnect Life 360 and now it won’t even function at all, just tells you go get the new app.

It is compatible in the new app. Been using it for some time and there is a DHT and smart app supplied by TMLeafs. Just be advised that if you set it up, youll first have to setup your account and home location via a web browser on pc and then login to the app via your Life 360 credentials…

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-life360-refreshed-every-minute-all-places-more-updated-01-01-2019-all-api-data-available-for-webcore-usage/116681

2 Likes

Youtube Video
This video helped me to link Life360 to the new app. I think it will solve my problems, thanks for all the responses.

2 Likes