(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

It mostly does.

When theres a new topic it will have *new by it in blue. If you’ve read it all it’s grayed out, if you’ve only read some of it it’s black, you can sort by most recent activity: (see below klug is new, everything is read up to date expect for chamberlain)

:

I agree that there is no ultimate “correct way” Also I didn’t mean to belittle your opinion, or mean to imply that you are not entitled to one. I merely was trying to understand why some would prefer it the old way when half of the comments are bickering about what should/shouldn’t be in the topic.

Perhaps we could come up with a good format for the title so that if anyone doesn’t want to open up the thread they could see the price and item?

you ever post anything at fatwallet? they will burn you at the stake if you don’t add location price ymmv ect they have pretty strict rules on how to post.

I really like the idea of a deals category but sadly this current set up is not very useful. I have to visit other sites for deals still. like when lightify was 50% off i totally missed here but instantly found it on the other deal sites

I also like the idea of having a forsale/trade by owner.

I don’t really care how it’s done…I’m only expressing my opinion on how I prefer it. …and most everybody that has an opinion, even if they conflict, is correct from their point of view. The only ones that are actually wrong, are the ones that say there’s only one way to do it right. :wink:

I really like watching this forum and products grow from lil seedling to a a nice useful shade tree. everybody B*itches one day and then helps the same member they were complaining to the next day. they get mad and leave for a day or two then come back. I have full faith that ST and the forum will streamline and all will be as smooth as a baby bottom but its just going to take some time.

Having a new topic per deal means the discussion about that deal can stay in that topic. This will eliminate all the complaints about “keep this topic just for deals”.

If you don’t want to subscribe to the category, merely go into the Deals category, and click “New”. or just go to: https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/deals/l/new
This will show you all the new deals with almost no scrolling! Open the ones you want and click “Dismiss New” to dispatch all the rest.

3 Likes

I started a thread that will fix all of this.

10 Likes

Can I like this more than once?! :wink:

1 Like

Why don’t we just post deals in one thread and discuss it in another thread and post anything about cheap pools in another…really??? Can’t we all just get a long and just stop posing crap that does not deal with anything like this post that I am typing?

4 Likes

http://m.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy

Rachio 16 zone gen 1 on sale for $109 on Home Depot along with another sprinkler controller. From what I read gen 1 works with Amazon echo.

3 Likes

Bought it! The best deal I have seen on these 16 zone sprinklers. Thanks!

Its a WaterSense certified product. Check with your city, they may offer additional discounts. I got mine for $180 from amazon an year ago, but had a city discount of $150 so ended up paying $30 net

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check. I have a feeling you must be from the left coast… :). On the right coast we consume like there is no tomorrow with no programs to conserve resources. Lol

Yeah except check with your local water supplier that it’s definitely on their list FIRST before you buy Rachio on that premise.

My local supplier was on that list so I brought the Rachio, reached out to the supplier for a rebate and their response was basically “Rachio who?”, reached out to Rachio and their response was “oh sorry, we didn’t update our page”.

To their credit to resolve the situation, Rachio did give me an Amazon gift card to make up for it.

Just for the heck of it, I typed in Lowes Iris garage door opener on Amazon.com. There’s one left at $54. I didn’t think I was going to get any hits because it was a Lowe’s product but here it is.

I decided to randomly check Lowe’s zip codes then search for iris stuff. Here is 87104 Central Albuquerque NM. Their garage door controller is $15.

Unfotunately, no shipping.

1 Like

Samsung SNH-E6413BMR SmartCam HD 1080p WiFi IP Camera $62.99 (refurbish)
Not sure about ST intergration though.

Note the affiliate referral code in the link .

1 Like

IDK about you guys, but as long as the deals are relevant, I couldn’t care less about referral codes -

4 Likes

Personally if I’m posting a referral code I let people know upfront.

3 Likes

I found GE PAR38 Link Bulbs at Home Depot today for $6.33 a bulb. They were normally $24.97 a bulb at Home Depot and currently 16.73 per bulb on Amazon.

3 Likes