For those in the US that have any interest in GE Wifi Receptacles, $7 at Lowes (not compatible with ST)

Seems the deal is dead.

Seems the delivery/pickup status changes occasionally. Not sure why.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Wi-Fi-Smart-Switch-White-15-Amp-Duplex-Smart-Outlet-Residential-Commercial-Outlet/1000578787

Just a note that these do not work with SmartThings

3 Likes

I should have pointed that out. Thanks

2 Likes

You can use Amazon routines for partial integration with smartthings, if you want to. Of course then you are depending on three clouds, SmartThings, GE’s and Amazon’s. But it is an option. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I guess having the ability to do that, plus use the GE app, gives a few options. I was trying to imagine a way to have redundancy with a ST compatible switch plugged into the GE switch… I really couldn’t come up with anything that made sense, though. heheh

1 Like

The Alexa routine would let you turn the outlet on and off triggered by smartthings logic. It’s only a one-way integration, but that doesn’t usually matter with an outlet since there’s no way to turn it on at the wall anyway.

1 Like

I’ve been looking into the Wifi stuff. But other than some IR blasters, none of it has appealed to me, so far.

I’m still learning as I go, but seems like a mixed bag of capabilities. I just now started to read up on Tasmota, which seems interesting.

This is the outlet you use to reboot your ST hub :slight_smile:

3 Likes

as long as your modem isn’t on the same outlet :joy:

3 Likes

They’re back up to $35. FYI

I bought 3 of these outlets for $7 each and they were delivered yesterday. The outlets look well made and are UL listed.
I paired them with the myTS app, linked them to Alexa and used Alexa as the middle person to connect them with Smartthings using an Alexa Simulated switch.
So far the one unit installed is working reliably with only a slight time lag.
One note on pairing with myTS: I could not get the outlet to pair in it’s installed location, but I was able to easily pair all 3 outlets at my desk. I then installed the pre-paired outlet.

1 Like