(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

5 piece 2gig/GoControl/monoprice/Linear…Z-wave sensor kits are down to $80 from multiple sellers on Amazon

Can the siren on that siren/strobe be disabled as an option?

yes The DH I am running lets you choose one or both

2 Likes

Not really… if you install them correctly then the relay will work regardless of the position of the switch - and the switch will work regardless of the state of the relay. I have one installed in a double switch which works lights under a pergola outside our bar and the lights above the pool table in the bar. I can control them with ST (and Echo via ST) as well as using the physical switch to turn the lights on and off.

If I turn the lights on with the switch, I can turn them off with ST. If I turn them off with the switch, I can turn them back on with ST.

If your switch being in the “off” position kills the ZWN-RSM2 then you do not have to connected correctly.

true but you would have to run a wire from the switch to the relay other that the two wires (hot and neutral) that currently exist because you have to put the power line from the switch to the hot. where are you going to get constant power that is not switched from? I used the aux for the pull chains for my fan and my light on the fixture. I must note because my fan has one switch to control fan and light I have it installed in the fan not in the wall.

1 Like

While not a GREAT deal, Amazon does have Leviton DZMX1-1LZ for $39 today.

Checkout this Network Attached Storage with Android display on lighting sale for next 4 hours. Wondering if this would also work as a SmartThings display. Anyone used it before?

Not sure why you would need a network media server for ST

1 Like

I think he’s talking about running the App on the display, IDK if it would run or not, but if it’s anything like my android tablets it won’t display very elegantly on a larger screen…

Smart tiles would though -

1 Like

I don’t know about having to use a small little wireless keyboard to try to move a pointer a screen to click at things. I guess it could work double-duty with Landroid and have all your sounds come through your TV but you would have to leave the TV on all the time.

Best Buy Deal of the Day:
Logitech - Harmony Touch 15-Device Universal Remote for $99, down from $299.
Model: 915-000198 SKU: 6500555

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-harmony-touch-15-device-universal-remote/6500555.p?id=1218751969062&skuId=6500555

Is this one good for HA, or is it only for TVs, etc?

Exactly, I would like to run ST app on it.
When watching TV, too lazy to get up, open app and do whatever needed.

By itself - no. But you can pair it to a harmony hub and then you will be able to control HA devices.
I changed 2 of these and finally gave up on them because of the buzzing noise coming from it when the backlight is on.

1 Like

$150-$200 for a NMS + cost of 2 HDDs + cost of touchscreen monitor is a bit excessive IMHO if you just want it to display Smarttiles.

1 Like

Alas I agree that if that’s All you wanted the device for it seems silly, but it would possibly have an Added benefit of being able to use it as a personal cloud along with being able to use this with smarttiles / smartthings.

So maybe if you are looking for a 1 drive NAS, and have ST. And want some, even though it might be small, amount of integration this device is for you.

I was only trying to defend that some people may see that as an added plus, I however am not one of them as I have no use case for it. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

no, next model up will work though 915-000237

1 Like

While visiting Home Depot today.

Yep Same at my local HD, it’s been posted a few times but not for a while. Looks like HD is trying to clear these out.

I think the integration with ST has been spotty so if you want something that works better it might be wise to spend a few dollars more and get something that directly connects as I think TCP is only cloud to cloud (correct me if i’m wrong)

3 Likes

Yea you need their gateway. I personally really like my Cree lights but I also have an Osram recessed fixture however that requires the Osram gateway in order to do a firmware update. So if you don’t care for color get a Cree they work really well.

2 Likes

Polite way of saying that ST keeps losing connection and you need to open up TCP connect app and login again every couple days.That doesn’t change the fact that the bulb would always lose sync with the TCP hub.

Had about 12 of these, they were my first entry into HA a couple years ago. With new Hue whites only being $14 they almost have all been replaced/upgraded

5 Likes