Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

To my knowledge still works, as all my windows and doors are equipped wirh Ring Contact Sensors

2 Likes

Milan: About your comment, β€œTo my knowledge still works, as all my windows and doors are equipped with Ring Contact Sensors”, my sensor is not showing β€œdriver” in the setting menu. Did you uninstall and reinstall the device to pickup an edge driver or did you download a driver and change it manually?

Thanks

Disregard my follow-up question. I was able to get the contact sensor connected to ST. To accomplish this, I deleted and excluded the contact sensor. Exclusion is done by entering the Z-wave Exclusion utility and then holding the reset button inside the battery compartment for about 10 seconds until the ring light on the front of the sensor turns a steady red. (Note: It was difficult to exclude and I finally need to force delete the device.)
For inclusion, I just selected scan for nearby devices and then held the front button for 3 seconds and then released. This puts the device in β€œClassic Inclusion Mode”. During Classic Inclusion mode, the green LED will blink three times followed by a brief pause, and it does this sequence repeatedly. I was unable to get ST to discover the contact sensor in this mode. While the the device was still flashing, I again tried to scan for nearby devices and this time I held the front button down for at least 10 seconds and released. This caused the device to rapid flash green and the device was discovered. I then enabled S2 Security by scanning my QR code and the device was successfully setup. It is now displaying β€œDriver” in the settings menu and it is installed with the β€˜Z-Wave Sensor Ring’ Driver. It is also showing β€˜placeholder’ in for the device type.

NOTE: I was not successful with paring the Ring Alarm Motion Sensor with ST using the above references driver. The motion sensor pairs as a β€œZ-Wave Device” DTH.

Here are a couple of screen shots of the Ring Alarm Contact Sensor:

2 Likes

Yes, i removed all sensors and added them back again

2 Likes

Have you any Ring Alarm Motion sensors that you have been able to connect successfully?

I don’t have those

I’ll need to search for a solution then. Thanks for your help Milan

Hey @Mariano_Colmenarejo do you have any update on it?
After that Multi switch child SAGA (and total WON) maybe…
Could you describe in details the problem so i can foward to Zemismart?

Cheers!

Would it be possible to create an edge driver for the Aeotec Garage Door Controller Gen5 (Z-wave)?
There is indeed a driver published under the SmartThings Drivers (Beta), β€œZ-Wave Garage Door Opener”.

Unfortunately that driver is not functional with the Aeotec device.

IDE information:
Data
fw: 1.14
networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
Raw Description
zw:Ls type:4007 mfr:0086 prod:0003 model:003E ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:5E,98 ccOut:22 sec:25,70,85,59,72,86,7A,73,66,71,5A,82 secOut:5A,82

Eurotronic Spirit TRV

Raw Description zw:Fs type:0806 mfr:0148 prod:0003 model:0001 ver:0.15 zwv:4.61 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,9F sec:86,85,59,72,5A,73,75,31,26,40,43,80,70,71,6C,7A

Does anyone know if there is an edge driver for this TRV? I have quite a few of them and all working very nicely with the DHT written by Wogan. They are supported by Hubitat but I would like to stay with Smartthings if possible? Sadly my programming skills are not up to converting the old DHT to an edge driver.

Hi @swdeason Did you have a chance to find edge drivers for GoControl GD00Z-8-GC ?

I worked with Smartthings support for a month or so and this is what they suggested:

"We found out the reason why this device is not being paired to the Edge Driver, even though the Edge Driver has a matching generic fingerprint. What happens is that DTH full fingerprint match still has priority over generic fingerprints on SmartThings-owned Edge Drivers. This way, the issue here is just the same that in your other ticket #1399033, a fingerprint that has not been added yet to the correspondent Edge Driver. Both cases were reported already, and we are looking forward to hearing news about them. So far, the best I can say is that all missing fingerprints are going to be added to the Edge Drivers before the end of this year, we are hoping that since your cases are already reported, they may have priority over other missing fingerprints.

I can also suggest you a workaround to make the GoControl GD00Z-8-GC work with the Edge Driver. Since the zwave-garage-door-opener has a generic fingerprint, all you need to do is download the driver from here and install it in your hub as specified here. This will work because generic fingerprints on SmartThings-not-owned Edge Drivers have priority over DTH full fingerprint"

1 Like

Can you please share the driver?

1 Like
2 Likes

I would also humbly request an Edge driver for this motion sensor/flood light. I’ve posted a request on the Homeseer forums, but have not received any replies from them.

2 Likes

My Zwave Carbon Monoxide Sensor Heiman HS1CA EN50291 does not pick up any edge driver. Can someone please help adding this fingerprint

This is the raw data: zw:S type:0701 mfr:0260 prod:8005 model:1000 ver:1.10 zwv:4.34 lib:06 cc:5E,85,59,86,72,5A,73,80,30,71,84

Hi @Francois_Venter

Try with this driver version

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Smoke Alarm-Mc
 Version      2022-10-28T11:54:56.001622501        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you very much Mariano. I now see I am using your driver for my Heiman Smoke sensors. They work well but the CO sensor is not picking up the edge driver. I see in the your driver’s fingerprint file that the product type is 0x8002 which is for the smoke sensor but the CO sensor uses prod:8005 Could this make a difference?

Are you this driver version in your hub?
It may take up to 12 hours for the automatic update

I have a schlage zwave door lock Schlage BE469NXCAM619 linked here
It is still on stock DTH from I can tell (I no longer have any custom DTH). I don’t see the driver menu
The IDE shows type:4003 mfr:003B prod:6341 model:5044 ver:128.22
With stock driver other than unlocking the door I had the option to assign lock codes on the β€œSmart Lock Guest Access” App under Life on the App

Should I just wait for smartthings to migrate it to EDGE?