Post Requests for LAN/WIFI Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

I actually have 2 requestsā€¦

The fIrst, and foremost, is a Fully-Kiosk Browser edge driver. Here is the DTH that I am currently using:

I have previously asked the developer if they were going to implement a driver.

The second is for a z-wave leak detector with this info from the IDE:

zw:S type:0701 mfr:0258 prod:0003 model:0085 ver:2.54 zwv:4.05 lib:06 cc:5E,86,72,5A,73,80,71,30,85,59,84,70

It is similar to this DOME leak sensor DTH, based on this post:

[OBSOLETE] Dome Leak Sensor (Official)

Somehow, despite being paired, STHM always seems to have difficulties with the current implementation.

-Jason

Would be great if this DH dan be converted tot Edge:

reading out my Solarpanels so I can start device like dishwasher and washing machine when enough power is available

2 Likes

Edge drivers are intended for hub connected devices. That handler is accessing a cloud based API. So yes if you want to to be treated as a device it will need a new integration, but Edge isnā€™t really the tool for the job.

You are right. But what if Groovy isnā€™t supported anymore?

There is a separate Rules API and schema connector for cloud devices. It is also new, just not Edge. Edge is the new architecture for onboard devices.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying the device might not need a ā€˜newā€™ integration (I donā€™t know if anyone has already been working on one), but there are different types and Edge is pretty much the last piece in the jigsaw and is pitched very much at devices that communicate directly with the hub. For example, the ā€˜schemaā€™ integration, widely used for cloud to cloud integrations, has been live for over three years now.

1 Like

Has anyone made an edge driver for awair?

This may be of good news to you. Late last month, Govee confirmed late last month that their roadmap does indeed include an official Smartthings integration stated as coming very soon. Awesome news because if we had lost this integration either Smartthings or Govee would be leaving my home and with the amount of Govee lighting I have it would almost certainly have been Smartthings leaving in favor of Hubitat.

3 Likes

Request to add an Edge LAN driver for Gen 2 AirScape whole house fans. The API is documented here: Gen 2 Controls API ā€“ AirScape Engineer's Blog

Iā€™d like a edge driver for my netatmo weather station with indoor and outdoor modules. Currently its working with a smartapp.

6 Likes

All this takes is some simple HTTP requests to be sent, which you can do using my Web Requestor Edge driver.

DM me if you need more assistance.

2 Likes

Request for wifi enabled Levoit Air purifier control via API

Device funtions
Fan speed
Auto 1,2,3,4, sleep
Indoor PM2.5 live report
On off
Display on off
Auto settings, default, quite, efficient inc variable speed
Graph for indoor PM2.5
Graph for matching fan speed

2 Likes

Roborock s5 and gardena robomower smart sileno.

hi i know this is for edge drivers but how about an edge app posibly cast-web

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to request the Flume Flow Meter, which is a LAN device that straps on the street flow meter to collect whole home flow data.

There are two versions as smart apps / DH:

I use the second version as it avoids rate limiting shared by all users by calling to the API from local rather than ST servers.
A strong want would be to expose flow rate directly to automations versus just a display value / webcore value.

I also realize this would be difficult as it requires calling to a remote API and thus likely an intermediate step like what @TAustin has done for other LAN devices with his bridge server. Thanks for any consideration!

4 Likes

the devices im trying to add are wifi devices some wifi gu10 bulbs , a Inkbird Digital Wireless Thermostat, ITC-308-WiFi Temperature Controller and a wifi led controller.

Ah, ok. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s looked at local control for those yet. Iā€™m assuming you havenā€™t flashed them to Tasmota, this is the original firmware?

i have a couple of things (sonoff things i flashed to tasmota ) but flashed them back to sonoff as they were so slow operating with the tasmota edge driver compared to ewelink to smartthings cloud

1 Like

there is a custom Integration for local handling of Tuya-based devices for (home assistant ) but i find home assistant too much hassle .

1 Like