Phone mobile presence

Brialliant! That works.

Follow up to my previous test.

After trying to change the ā€˜placeholderā€™ device type to ā€˜mobile presenceā€™ the devices did update to a status ā€˜presentā€™ after I came home.

1 Like

thatā€™s interesting ā€¦ are you seeing presence values reflect accurately in the IDE?

So, it did update to present in the IDE when we got home.

However, my wife left to work sheā€™s still listed as present after 10/15 minutes.

So no luck with that :confused:

EDIT : I looked more into it.
And the status did change to present at the same time as the life 360 presence sensor did. So itā€™s kind of working. It just seems like itā€™s not detecting the derparture.

I think most people are finding that leaving the Type as placeholder is working best - Iā€™ve gotten around not being able to see status in new ST and IDE by having WebCore text me current device status from a web link on my phone

Itā€™s all early, basically, after this new change stability and predictability has taken a 2 year step backwards.

Well, my phoneā€™s new app presence apparently stopped working 2 days ago. It hasnā€™t recorded the last 2 times I left the house. My wifeā€™s new app presence is still working at the moment.

Of course, I only noticed because things triggered by my leaving didnā€™t happen (including changing the tied Sim Presence device that mirrors my presence so I can see it in the new app). At least ATM I still have the Classic app and I can see the history there (although I can also see it in the IDE).

So I have no clue why it stopped working. If I report this problem to support theyā€™ll just suggest I remove and reinstall the new app. Iā€™ll probably do that soon anyway.

Yeah first line support admits they do this by rote. They just copy-paste a standard response, it would seem, without reading or thinking much. In my experience in the software business, this is indicative of companies with the most unstable not-ready-for-prime-time software when support thinks this is a good recommendation.

3 Likes

Having this problem as well. I previously was using Life360 as presence sensor, but it was sucking too much battery, so I wanted to go back to trying native mobile presence. Itā€™s getting created as ā€œplaceholderā€ and doesnā€™t do anything. I can change the type to ā€œMobile Presenceā€ but I donā€™t have a Network ID to enter.

You can use it in automations or with webcore.

Donā€™t do it.

I keep getting this from support for the past week