Philips hue motion sensors constantly disconnecting (Oct 2022)

Hi all, I’m getting frustrated with my Philips hue motion sensors, they are constantly disconnecting. I pair them in the morning and by the evening they’ve disconnected again. Been like this far the past week. I’ve tried completely removing them and readding them and that hasn’t worked. I’ve got a hue motion sensor driver installed.

But think my sensors are still using the grovy handler as can’t see driver options.

I don’t want to have to remove and re add all of my sensors as I have so many automations on them. Anyone else been able to overcome this problem?

yeah i also have this problem, i guess you could either use a hue hub connected to smartthings or get the smartthings motion sensor which I hear is similar

Thanks Robert, sorry to hear you’re having the same problem. Buying multiple new devices is out of the question to replace devices that up until recently have worked well for me for the last few years, I’d rather open my own curtains and switch on my own lights :sweat_smile:

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved:

It’s likely this is due to a recent issue many people are having with many zigbee devices (regardless of brand) which was caused by a recent hub firmware update. Engineering is aware of it and is supposed to be working on a fix.

Devices randomly switch On / Off after 0.45.9 Hub upgrade

Which model hub do you have?

@Robert_Singh

Oh, and the problem with zigbee devices is now listed on the official status page…

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll give the hub reboot a try, ir just grit my teeth and bare the outage for a while :laughing:

1 Like