PEQ door/window sensors show "Open" constantly after moving to v2 hub

Hi,

I have several PEQ door/window sensors that have been working perfectly for months - but once I moved them to my v2 hub, they show the doors as open no matter what the state of the door is (it isn’t just a simple state flip where once they open it shows closed or anything).

Has anybody seen this or have any ideas as to what could be going on here?

I stopped after the second sensor and left everything else on the v1 hub so I could have at least a little insight until I can figure this issue out.

No. I have several of these and they are working fine on my v2. I would try re pairing them.

I’ve done that several times now unfortunately. I was using the procedure of holding down the internal button while inserting the battery, getting an orange light and releasing the button; then re-adding the device once it started to blink blue. Is that the same procedure you used to move them over?

Yes that is what I did. Is temperature and battery showing up?

I get no temperature / battery information (and did a re-pair with one of them, still the same stuck open / no temp). There’s no list of events for either of them as well. So maybe they’re joining but never sending anything after? I’m not sure what to do with that.

Unplugged my v1 hub to see if there was frequency congestion - nope, no change in any state. I moved a couple of my SmartSense Multis on garage doors to the v2 hub - they’re doing the same thing. Same thing with a couple of moisture sensors.

At this point what I’m suspecting is that somehow anything/everything Zigbee on my v2 hub is refusing to work. All of my switches / Aeon labs remotes work great, but looking at the device list in the graph site they’re all z-wave, as is my aeon multisensor. Presence sensors, moisture sensors, smartsense multis, and these door sensors show NO data, they’re just paired.

Going to push for a replacement hub I guess?

@adamfast Yeah, that’s really odd that just zigbee devices are causing you problems. I’m on hub v2 with a lot of zigbee devices working fine.

It could be an issue of firmware, or maybe the channel zigbee is on. Out of curiosity, what is your firmware level? Here’s mine for reference:

zigbeeChannel: 15
zigbeeFirmware: 2.0.31
zigbeeNodeID: 0000
zigbeePanID: 2728
zigbeePowerLevel: -6

More than likely your channel will be different. I’d ask support to change your channel on the hub, or maybe move your hub around to a different spot in the home.

Also, have you rebooted the hub by powering down and removing the batteries?

1 Like

I had the same issue with a half of mine. They didn’t pair correctly. I deleted them. Reset them. Then they paired correctly (now they also show battery and temperature).

I did have problem with the peq motions with my V1 hub showing open most of the time as well. Moving to hub V2 solved that problem. I suspect the zigbee channel was the cause with v1. I know you can’t change the channel with v1 maybe supports can change it now with v2? Give them a call.

My versions/levels:

zigbeeChannel: 20
zigbeePanID: 2E18
zigbeePowerLevel: -2

Upon rebooting the controller:

zigbeeChannel: 20
zigbeePanID: 2E18
zigbeePowerLevel: -6

Some time after the reboot things started working, and have continued to thus far so I managed to get every sensor moved. Thanks for the advice all, everything appears to be better at this point.

1 Like