Tried to pair a new GE-14292 Smart Switch and was having trouble adding via Add a New Thing…After fighting with the software and following numerous community suggestions of turning the switch toggle in the on then off position multiple times, I read the switch instructions.
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR HUB FINDING THE GE-14292 SMART SWITCH, follow GE’s manual instructions and perform a factory reset of the SmartSwitch, after performing a Z-Wave Device Exclusion (discussed elsewhere throughout the community).
To make it easy to understand see the following process.
General Pairing/Connecting Instructions:
- Wire switch in accordance with Manufacturer’s recommendations
- Enter Add a Thing
- Press SmartSwitch toggle to on and release
If connection is unsuccessful try the following:
- Perform a Z-Wave Device Exclusion (discussed elsewhere throughout the community)
- Perform a factory reset of the GE SmartSwitch (see below)
- Open Add a Thing
- Press and release the toggle in the on position
- Your hub should then find the SmartSwitch
To perform a factory reset on your GE-14292, simply press the toggle to the on (UP) position three (3) times in succession, followed immediately by pressing the toggle to the off (DOWN) position three (3) times in succession.
Hope this saves you some time. Best to all.
I currently use an Alcatel Idol 4S (Windows Phone) and the Marketplace Thing - Switch options for GE switches, in particular the SmartSwitch options all present “an unexpected error occurred.” This error makes the connection via MarketPlace Things impossible.