Pair GE Link Bulbs with V2 hub

Shouldn’t necessarily affect it but there is the potential for the 2.4GHz WiFi to over power the 2.4GHz of Zigbee maybe, that being said I have four bulbs, the router/access-point and the V2 hub all in the same room with no issues.

To power off the hub… i had to take the batteries out, then i unplug for approx 1 min. Then replug and wait for LED to go solid green…does that sound correct?

Sounds good and worth a shot.

Do you have any other ZigBee devices connected already? If yes are they responding okay?

I have 3 smartthings motion sensors and 3 smartthings multipurpose sensors paired…these are zigbee correct?

Yes, they havent missed a beat

How about don’t turn the bulb off after a reset then open you App and find new devices.

Yes and how very very strange… I’m afraid it’s time for a support ticket I think!

Just tried it N…no love. May contact support in the AM…thanks for all your help guys…quick response is way cool. My phone is at 3% so im signing off…get this straitened out this weekend. Happy Friday!

2 Likes

Let us know how it goes! Might help someone else in the future! Good luck!

1 Like

Just so you have something to do while waiting for support tomorrow. Turn off your 2.4ghz WiFi if possible while adding the bulb.

Just checked the IDE for giggles…under Hub Events…all the ‘include searches’ dispay text that reads, “Z-Wave include search started”, Z-Wave include search ended"…seems like it aint even lookin for a zigbee device?!

I’ve paired over 20 GE Link bulbs with my V2 hub. 99% of them paired almost immediately. the other 2% were a total Pain the butt.

What I did figure out with mine… make sure there is a direct line of sight with the bulbs. The ones that gave me trouble would only connect with line of sight.

Which is really weird as my hub is downstairs above the fireplace and I have paired lights in the upstairs bathroom on the opposite end of the house.

Also, the couple of bulbs that gave me trouble were with a group of lights when I attempted to pair them. There was a group of 5 bulbs that I was doing all at once.

It took a little bit of time and whole bunch of tries… but I eventually got them and there hasn’t been a problem since.

good luck

My hub has the same z-wave messages but no problem finding my zigbee bulbs. I remember the other day another member did have a similar problem and it was his WiFi that caused the mess.

Interesting Navat604…so, maybe try turning wifi off on my phone and pairing while on satellite internet?..im usure how to modify wifi signal to test this.

Thats good news…read some horror stories about folks not being able to pair zigbee devices and having to return hubs…i do have several zigbee sensors already paired. Its gotta be something silly…just gotta find it

Ray…i owe u a beer…06:00am…turned wifi off on the phone, turned off att uverse cable wifi gateway…and moved hub off glass desk so that top of hub was pointed at bulb…placed phone with app searching for device on the lamp shade…waited 45 seconds and it paired…

Now, only two bulbs left to go!

1 Like

2nd bulb linked…reset bulb once…left wifi off on both cable gateway and phone…paired in 45 s with lamp in back bedroom (not in proximty of hub)…booyah!

These GE bulbs are way better quality than Cree…but apparently Cree dimmed to lower lumen…

Thanks again all! It really is Frday now…maybe we will get account sharing functionality today???

3 Likes

Glad to see you got it working. Only problem now… your bulbs could drop off from the hub randomly due to WiFi interference. Let’s hope not.

1 Like

Yeah I have a feeling this may be a big issue for you although it’s possible since your WiFi router has been rebooted, it might chose a different ‘channel’ and thus it’s ‘better’.

So far so good guys…zigbee bulbs have not dropped off the network…paired a smart bulb at the porch light yesterday…same thing…had to turn off cable wifi gateway and bingo…paired within 30 s. The gateway must interfere with the hub’s search signal for light bulbs only. Was able to pair additional z-wave devices and additional smartthing sensor (zigbee) with wifi on with no problem.

1 Like