Outdoor lights

I dont see many options for exterior lights on the market. Am I missing something? Thank you

I think most of us have just put a device on the switch rather than trying to find a light with zwave or zigbee built in. I have a number of outside lights but all have the controls at the switch level.

2 Likes

I’m not as adept so used some switches to solve these situations in my house.

My decking lights which plug into an outdoor socket. For this scenario I have an RGBW micro module (Fibaro) and LED driver mounted inside a small waterproof junction box fixed to the wall next to the socket.

I used a Aeon DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch for these. I plugged into an multi outlet which also has a dusk/dawn and 1/4/6 hr option. Did this first actually and then added zwave a few years later to turn on/off with movement. Left it there since if there is movement this just ignores it during the day without a rule.

My front porch light where the switch back box is too shallow to take a Fibaro module. I just put the module inside the external light fitting instead (got lucky with the fitting, most are too compact to allow this)

Here I use a wemo switch which I bought them when I thought Smartthings worked with them :frowning2: I also use a ST motion sensor here and IFTTT to turn on/off.

For my other external light I just leave the switch on and use a LIFX bulb.