Outage: new app and IDE? (February 11, 2021)

Right now the new app is not updating at all. There is no control of anything at all.

Update: when I posted this, there wasn’t a status update yet. There is now. “Something is not quite right”.

It just refreshed and only shows “server error”:

When I tried to log into the IDE, I got

I reported it to support. I’m sure they’ll just tell me to log out of the app and login again, and then try uninstalling it.

Yes, we must have been typing at the same time. I have the same issue.

Investigating

Something is not quite right. We’re looking into it and will provide additional details as they become available.

Posted 1 minute ago. Feb 11, 2021 - 18:49 UTC

I just checked like 5 minutes ago and it was showing all clear. Glad I came to the community and double checked! :stuck_out_tongue:

All of my automations are in Smart Lighting on local devices, so the regular SmartThings cloud outages don’t affect me. But I missed one: I have an Ilumin RGBW light that is cloud executing (custom DTH), and that Smart Lighting rule is cloud. That’s the one that failed to operate that caused me to notice the outage.

1 Like

Looks like it’s better now.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out to Samsung SmartThings Support Team.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused . I see that you are facing issue as you are unable to access the app and IDE as it is showing server error , but still no worries lets work together and fix this

However, in order to fix the issue regarding IDE we request you to try with different browser and see if that helps and for app we suggest you to once uninstall and reinstall the app as see if that works

If the issue still persists, we request you to provide us with the below details for further investigation

SmartThings App version (In the app Menu >> Settings >> About SmartThings)
Screenshot of the error from the app and IDE
Mobile model and OS version
Exact date and time of error if any

Please feel free to write back to us for any further queries and concerns

:roll_eyes:

This response is from after the outage was resolved.

Hey there! @jlv

I just wanted to add that the status page has now been updated to reflect a resolution: https://status.smartthings.com/ 1

Resolved - The previous issues with loading the mobile app, controlling devices, and automations are now resolved. Please contact us via support.smartthings.com if you are still having issues, sorry for any inconveniences!

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell