Open/Close Sensor Battery Life

I’m having the same problem. No warning, just dead. Anyway to disable the accelerometer?

Bump ity bump

I wonder if these can be modified to take a AA, with a couple wires, and AA battery holder? I can see the clips that currently hold the battery in place breaking after time! Smartthings should have designed it so that the battery slides in!

Just had two sensors die on me, no warning or notification they were off line? The last one was at 77% which seems to tie in with the poster above…

I thought low battery notifications were built in and if they die at 77 then surely the battery % should be 0% when they die? I think the scale needs readjusting?

Batteries have lasted just over a year each… I don’t mind replacing them time to time, but I’d like to be notified before they actually die or at least when they do?

Check the battery, I’ll Bet it’s still good! I have had the same thing happen to me. I wonder if there is a connection issue. I have been thinking about soldering in a Battery Holder Box Case Buckle for 2 AA 2A 3V (3 Volt) ON/OFF Switcher. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-20-Battery-Holder-Box-Case-Buckle-for-2-AA-2A-3V-3-Volt-ON-OFF-Switcher-/282054721859?hash=item41abc58143:g:9ScAAOSwNSxVPulL

You can do that, add that battery pack, I did it for a while it was fine, but then I wanted to change to constant power and forget about it so bought a buck converter, I set it at 2.9 volts it’s been fine.

I put the battery in a tester it was dead and tried reinserting a few times etc before purchasing a new one… just annoyed that I need to work it all out myself, not very smart is it!