SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad - Centralite Keypad, Lowes IRIS Keypad, UEI Keypad and Xfinity Keypad Device Handler

@wheineman While this is for the Z-Wave DTH from @rboy, the same thing applies to the Zigbee DTH as well. Make this change (using Zigbee instead of Z-Wave) and you should be good.

2 Likes

You can also find the instructions in the release notes:

How do I install this if I buy it … take in mind I have NO programming experience
Thanks, Mark

Hi there, you don’t need any programming experience to install this device handler. There are a few step by step instructions that you need to follow which can be found here:

http://www.rboyapps.com/install.htm

Select the option to install the Device Handler and then follow the instructions in the first post of this topic to pair your keypad.

Once paired you it will allow SmartThings to access/control your keypad. Now you can use any of compatible SmartApps to program and create Automations for your keypad. Links to some of the most popular apps are also provided in the first post.

Thank You for the update…

1 Like

RBoy Apps is now a SmartThings partner for Centralite

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 01.06.02

• Added support for the upcoming retail Centralite 3400-C Smart Keypad
  • Fixed an issue with exit delay not beeping for some keypads

This is compatible with Lock User Management (LUM), Rental Lock Automater (RLA), Lock and Door Synchronizer, SHM Delay 2.0, Smart Locks and other lock/keypad management apps.

This is an enhanced version of the 3400-X keypad. Key features of this keypad include:

• Proximity sensor (new)
  • 4 digit user pins
  • 3 arming modes (stay, away and night)
  • Temperature sensor
  • 2xCR123 lithium batteries
  • Built in panic trigger by pressing the two arming buttons connected by the dotted line at the bottom of the keypad simultaneously
  • Adjust the key chime volume by pressing and holding 2 to decrease volume and 5 to increase volume

Usage, Inclusion, Exclusion and Reset instructions can be found on the first post of this topic

Real-time Updates With SmartLocks

TIP: While this device handler is compatible with SmartLocks, if you would like to see real time updates to the dashboard in Smart Locks (locking, unlock etc), change the name of the device handler in metadata section around line 71 from

name: “Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock”

to

name: “ZigBee Lock”

Save and Publish -> viola, real time updates in SmartLocks

RBoy/Maddie - Thanks for the instructions they helped.
Regarding the following picture:
a) What does the code entry on or off mean?
b) ‘Locked’ refers to the status of the door lock?
c) my Keypad picture in the Smartthings classic app does not show tamper or panic, why?
I look forward to you response.

If only it was weatherproof!!! Argh!

Does anyone know if Lowes sent a kill code through or something. Both of my (previously working and connected to SmartThings) Iris Keypad v2 stopped working at the same time. I updated the device handler … nothing. I removed the devices and now I can’t even get the device to flash the green light when I attempt to pair again … Thoughts?

Probably a stupid question, but have you checked your batteries? All of my door/window sensors showed 70% and were working fine when I unpaired them from Iris. I had all kinds of squirrelly operations when I paired them with Smartthings! Doors that were closed, showed as open. When I opened the door, it showed closed! Some showed as open all the time, regardless of the actual door state, & vice-versa. Batteries now all showed about 45%! Replaced them all with fresh batteries, unpaired/repaired, and they’re all working fine now!

Hello, Is it possible to add a countdown beep when arming and disarming using the Rboy device handler with the Iris v2 keypad? If not, can anyone recommend how to do this?
Thanks in advance.

@rajpurkar
a) Code Entry on/off enables/disables code entry on the keypad. When it is off, the keypad won’t recognize any input.
b) Locked refers to the logical state of the keypad. You can use that to trigger lock state of actual physical locks with the Lock User Management SmartApp.
c) Tamper only shows up if the unit is opened up. Once you close it (which presses a button down) the Tamper icons goes away. The Panic button is a feature of certain keypads only (Iris v3)

2 Likes

I have several Yale locks and am using the Lock User Management app. I just installed the XHK1 keypad and this device handler and then added the keypad to my Lock User Management app. Suddenly, now I’m receiving all kinds of notifications that all of my codes are no longer compatible and code size is now set to 4 and programming will fail.

Is this device handler / device only capable of 4-digit codes? Or is this a configurable number? I can’t find anything in the config for the device handler for the keypad to allow longer codes, and I typically assign 7-8 digit codes.

Is the code length a limitation of the keypad, or is there a reason the device handler hard-codes the length to 4? I see a codeLength=4 setting in the code, can this simply be adjusted, or is the keypad only capable of 4-digit codes?

Yup, hardware limited to 4 digits…seems par for the course for keypads. I created a short and long code matched users and restrict the short users to only the devices that require a shorter length in LUM.

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Zipato mini keypad?

Zipato mini a Z-Wave keypad, this DTH will only work for ZigBee keypads and has been certified/tested with the keypads listed in the first post.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but I’m running into two issues after biting the bullet and buying the access to this option.

First of all - while everything installed nicely and I was able to set up our codes for the keypads and how I want them to change modes on the SHM from Away, Stay and Off, those ONLY seem to work on the OLD smartthing app - surely I’m doing something wrong???

Next, I found the setting where the keypad will beep when a sensor is triggered, such as a door to open - but it will only allow me to set it for ONE?? Our house has 4 access doors and with Iris I was able to set that the keypad would beep when ANY of the doors would open…surely this is as powerful if not more, than the old Iris system.

Please help!!

Congrats on getting this far. I am also a previous IRIS user and refuse to bite the bullet to buy a Rob Roy application for as much as what a proper Smarththings device should cost to do the same thing, if Smarththings would listen to their consumers that is.
I have found out though in your problem that what happens in the Classic app does not happen in the new app. My wife is using the classic app because it responds better for her on her phone. But, when she sets the alarm it doesn’t show that the alarm is set in the new app, on my phone. Automation set up in the new app may also not work being that the alarm was turned on in the Classic app. I can’t understand it and I hope someone does. You would think that the app is controlling your Hub settings but that doesn’t seem to be the case. So, when the wife sets the alarm in her classic app she has to be the one that turns it off, I can’t. I would try to only use the new application in setting up your device to work properly.

@Speedy and @Scbart52, I haven’t been following your scenarios, but are you guys aware that SHM in the Classic app is completely different from the new app? In case you’re not, there’s an FAQ on the differences posted in this community somewhere. I’m on my mobile right now, so I can’t easily find and include those links for you right now, but do a search on SHM differences and it should turn up.

Looked for it but can’t seem to find what I think you are referencing so when you get a chance could you send that link? Thanks.