[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I updated but the app says I have Doordevice v3.2.0 but an update of 3.2.1 is available

Good catch. Typo on my part in the version table. Should be fixed now - may take 15 minutes or so to display correctly.

1 Like

Good catch. I was having the same problem.

For others having issues with the buttons on the new app, when I reinstalled the Open and Close buttons, they created and assigned to the MyQ Lite virtual switch, but something with that switch seemed to keep them in ‘On’ status and they did not respond to clicks.

Manually re-assigning them in the IDE from the MyQ Lite Virtual Switch to the built in SmartThings Virtual Switch corrected the status and allowed the buttons to function properly.

I may need to do some more testing on this - upon creation, they should automatically get switched off. Also, for whatever reason, the default SmartThings “Virtual Switch” type is not valid when trying to add it programmatically. My version should be a straight copy of it, but I can’t really tell for certain.

@brbeaird I am assuming battery level is sensor’s battery!?

Really appreciate the work!
Everything is working great on the new app for me with no extra buttons, using IFTTT integration.

That’s weird. The gateway connects through Ethernet, right? Did you plug it in to a router, which is then connected to your DSL modem? The router should assign IP addresses to internal devices using the built-in DHCP server.

Well, now that I look
 So I don’t have a separate modem/router, just a router from Consolidated Communications. Phone line in, regular cat 6 and wireless out. 70Mbps download speeds (kill me).

I remember when I first got it and was having trouble connecting it (please believe me when I say I did try everything I could find, every bit of advice, every mention of it) I finally found something (and it’s been a month) that said the old version of the unit didn’t work with DSL, so I gave up.

Otherwise, yes, what you said is true, but the router absolutely refuses to see the CIGBU.

If you have any advanced “I KNOW you haven’t tried THIS” advice, I welcome it.

I thought the MyQ was wireless? If that is the case, is there a distance issue you are encountering connecting it to your wireless AP/Router? Perhaps you just need a wireless extender between the two to increase the signal strength. Would need more info on what issue you are seeing? Exact model number for the device. Layout/distance of the garage (attached/detached) to house and/or AP or wireless/router.

It’s wireless from the CIGBU to the garage door opener. It requires a wired connection to the router.

If you’ve got DSL from your phone company, then you’ve got one of two things

• A DSL modem. This would have a two-wire connection to the phone company and a single Ethernet port to connect to your own router. Most phone companies will provide a DSL modem free with your DSL service.
  • A combo DSL modem with router. This has the same two-wire connection to the phone company but will have multiple Ethernet ports and possibly built-in Wi-Fi. You usually rent these from your phone company.

Which do you have.

I updated the DH last night from the IDE smartApp using “Update from Repo” and still seeing Doordevice v3.2.0. I have verified it was published and not seeing your new items in tour screenshot. All I see is a single button for Open or Close.

@brbeaird

Ah I understand now - I have the combo DSL modem with router. It has the multiple Ethernet ports and built-in Wi-Fi.

ZyXEL VMG4825-B10A

Nothing on your home network “knows” you’ve got DSL (or fiber, or cable TV internet, or satellite internet). On the router side, it’s all Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

What do you get in the CIGBU when you connect it via one of the Ethernet ports on the ZyXEL and then plug in the CIGBU power?

Manual says the green light should blink, then go solid green.

Yep. Many, many times I’ve tried. Opening ports, rebooting it, factory resetting it, etc etc. Blinking Green Light, no change.

Tried different ports on the ZyXEL?

Do you have additional Ethernet router(s) or switches downstream from the ZyXEL. What about other wired Ethernet devices?

FWIW, Google turns up a number of the CIGBU devices on eBay.

Yep, tried every port.

We have a UniFi system connected, and all our devices go to that. So only one port is used (by the UniFi) and yep, I tried that port as well.

I bought the sad little thing from eBay. I may eventually try a different one - it’s quite possible I got a bad one.

Looking at Chamberlain’s website - I can, instead, use a MYQ-G0301-E “My-Q Smart Garage Hub”. It’s affordable. Think I’ll try that.

1 Like

Very possible it’s got issues.

You might look at the MyQ GO301. It’s a similar bridge device but connects to your Wi-Fi instead of needing to be hard wired to the router. Listed on Amazon for $36

LOL Yep, that’s the one I typed above - I think we posted around the same time!

1 Like