[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

At least if it’s new and doesn’t work you should be able to send it back.

I don’t have experience with separate MyQ hubs, I’ve got two Chamberlain door openers that have built-in MyQ.

It’s ordered. Once I get it I’ll be back to figure out my smartthings integration. I appreciate your help!

1 Like

The folks here will be able to help getting the integration running. So far, I don’t really have a need for it.

I believe you’ll need to put a tilt sensor on each of your doors.

I put one on there a while back, for the CIGBU smartthings integration, so I’m ok there.

1 Like

Did you try an unmanaged hub between the ZyXEL and the Gateway? Plug the gateway into the hub. I don’t think it’ll help, but I’ve seen it suggested.

“Light is blinking - router has been found but there is no Internet or server connection)” - that tells me it can’t reach the Chamberlain server. I know you said you tried opening ports, but I really think that your ZyXEL is blocking the connection somehow. Maybe your ISP is blocking things on their end - it might be worth a call. Here are the ports you have to have open:

myQ products require these ports in order to communicate to our server:

• TCP/UDP port 53 open (Internet Gateway only)
  • Inbound and outbound /TCP port 8883 open

I have the same gateway, but I use my own router and cable model - everything works.

I don’t have an unmanaged (lol or managed!) hub to test with, but I appreciate the suggestion. I’ll check those ports, though. LOL I (jokingly) hope they’re all opened and my CIGBU is just bad, as I already ordered the new thing!

Yes, it is.

Sounds like you found a workaround already. What I did was to go into the IDE go to the “My Devices” tab. Find the virtual device (Opener or Closer) and click on it. Click the “edit” button. The “Type” field will say “Virtual Switch” , but click on the field to open the menu. You should be near the bottom of the list, scroll up until you find another “Virtual Switch” entry and select that one. After that it should work as intended.

This works. Thanks for the post

WELL! I got the MyQ Smart Garage Hub. Installed it (5 minutes). Installed this Smart App. Worked first time, works every time. THANKS!

So - anybody want to buy a slightly used GD00Z-4? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Personally, I like to take a hammer to tech that has caused me that level of annoyance! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Sorry dumb question, can I get the icon to close the garage in the new smart things app or is that only available on the old app?

Not a dumb question at all. I also want this, but as of now, we have very little control over custom devices in the new app. Hopefully that will improve over time.

2 Likes

I have to read this thread but is there a summary of what to do to update and have this work (new app)?

I did publish the new DHT but it looks like there are a few new items (still reading through).

It was no different than Classic for me.

1 Like

Myq was one of the few things that didn’t just completely break for me though I did have to update my automations that close the garage door after the migration to point . The migration process removed the openers from them all.

I have a strange problem . I wonder if you have ever had this problem or could provide some advice about what might fix it.

I think it may be a problem with MyQ as opposed to a problem with the Smartthings integration, but I am not certain. Smartthings always knows the correct status of my garage doors. It also opens them at sunrise (and turns on my security camera) and then closes them after an hour (to cool the air inside). This automation works great. I can also close them by pushing the icon in my Smartthings App. However, I can no longer open the doors by pushing the icon in the Smartthings App. A few weeks ago it worked fine, but now it doesn’t work. Yesterday, I could close by not open the doors from the MyQ app also. However, today I logged out of the MyQ app and logged back in. Now I can open or close the doors from the MyQ app. However, I still cannot open the doors using the Smartthings App (although the automation seems to be working fine).

Are you using an actual Separate tilt sensor that is properly tied to the opener in the SmartThings myq lite app? That is the only way that the SmartThings app will be able to k ow current status of the door.

If you are then go back into the smart things myq app and redo the setup. While there ensure you are also using the latest version of the app and device handler.

Hello, thank you for your quick reply. Smartthings always reports the correct status for the doors. I am using the IFTTT integration with a virtual switch to keep Smartthings updated. It works fine. I can also close the doors with smartthings. However, to open either door I have to use the MyQ app because Smartthings now won’t work for opening. Once it is open, I can close it with Smartthings. In fact, I have an automation set up that opens the garage doors for an hour in the morning. It works!! [I have security camera footage that shows the doors opening and closing on schedule.] However, when I press the Smartthings button, a black line goes around and around for awhile and then gives up. I can still use MyQ to open the door so it isn’t a big deal. It is just strange.

Hmm, I can’t help you there. I don’t use IFTTT because when I first added MyQ Chamberlain was charging for it so I just took the path of least resistance and installed a tilt sensor.

That said - I’d suspect something is borked with either you IFTTT integrations, or your virtual switch linkage either to the smarthings myqlite app or the virtual switch to IFTTT.
Perhaps try to reauthenticate your IFTTT integration. Failing that, try deleting the virtual switch and setting it back up, then relinking it to both ITFFF and the MyQ lite app.

Since I migrated last week I had lots of weird crap happen, including having all of my cloud integrations lose their authentication tokens (Ring, Honeywell, etc) so I reconnected everything via the new app and everything is working again there. I ended up having to completely force delete and redo my alarmserver integration from scratch and reset delete and recreate all of my presence sensors using the new app for all users and then adjusting all of the automations, scenes and smartapps that use all of the various components. Finally all seems to be stable again.