[OBSOLETE] Filtrete 3M-50 Wi-Fi Thermostat. Version 2.0 Released 12/17/2016

ok - thanks. I got it going in by adding device in IDE to hub v2. I’m not SURE if I had to copy the old “Device Network Id” but then it started working.

the Tstat is dead. Long live the teestat!

Does anyone know if there is an edge driver for this thermostat? I only have the Wifi version and not the Zwave one.

Working on it, but no ETA just yet.

Glad to hear you are working on it. i was hoping someone would develop this driver. I have two radio thermostats and would be happy to help test when you get to that point

Yes, great to know that you’re working on it. Thank you!!!

I’ll triple the motion as I really don’t want to change thermostats when we loose groovy drivers. Thank you in advance!

Received this email from radio thermostat…

On May 15, 2023, the Radio Thermostat mobile app is being discontinued and you will no longer be able to control your thermostat with internet connected devices. You will be able to control your thermostat manually as long as it’s still powered. If you need help understanding how to use your thermostat manually you can find the user guides to the most popular Radio Thermostat models below.

Is this integration still going to work with this or will it stop working after May 15, 2023?

1 Like

you may be happy to hear the manufacturer’s discontinuation is irrelevant to you,
since the smartapp support to implement the integration, is expected to cease before then. The smartapp author may issue an edge driver to achieve similar function, but there is no guarantee.

I believe it would help you to plan an alternative device and prepare for replacement now. FYI the ecobee (version 3, version 3 lite or better, not older) is an amazing and deeply informative thermostat and infrastructure. If you are not interested in automation as a hobby, then its remote access is probably at least “adequate” for most people.

I really liked my Radio /Filtrete Thermostats and they integrated well in the old Smartthings ecosystem, but the wifi USNAP modules seemed to age out after a long while, I had 3 die on me. I miss the open REST compatibility, seems unlike any current product.

1 Like

The Edge driver for the RTCOA CT50 (a.k.a. Filtrete 3M-50) is now available. See my post here: [Edge Driver] RTCOA CT50 Wi-Fi Radio Thermostat

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!

I have two 3m-50’s. I loaded the new edge driver and it found one of them but not the other. Is the driver set for multiple thermostats?

The discovery process will stop after the first thermostat is found, so you may want to try powering off the thermostat that’s been discovered temporarily and repeat searching.