[OBSOLETE] Dome Siren (Official)

@krlaframboise can this device handler be used with zoos chime as well?

thank you.

Use this one.

1 Like

@krlaframboise Iā€™m going nuts here! Iā€™ve added and published the device handler, but every time I go to add the Dome Siren, nothing shows up as an option :frowning:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œnothing shows up as an optionā€.

When you try to add the device using the mobile app, does it find it?

If it finds the device and the default name is Dome Siren, then itā€™s using this DTH.

Sorry, what I meant was the mobile app doesnā€™t find the device :confused:

I believe you have to press the button inside the device 3 times really fastā€¦

yeah, Iā€™m doing that. I think I got a lemon. Having Amazon send a replacement.

I was able to add the device and can play the different sounds out of the device page in the smartthings app. yet, Iā€™m not able to find a smartapp that allows me to play a select sound, say a chime that rings once, on certain events such as a switch turned on. I have the 1.1.6 DH. Any help on that ?

Thereā€™s a link to a pdf guide above the code in the first post. That guide has examples of how to use it with Smart Home Monitor and Speaker Notify with Sound. Speaker Notify with Sound was renamed to Speaker Companion, but the steps should be similar.

Many Thanks Kevin four your prompt reply. I did see this help off and installed the companion speaker app. Yet the app gives me that ā€™ this speaker can only play current selectionā€™ and thus it only works in Alarm mode where it gets triggered for a minimum 30 seconds. Iā€™m not able to find how can i change the default mode to make it operate as a chime to signal select events

In the Speaker Companion SmartApp, choose the ā€œPlay a notificationā€ option and select ā€œBell 1ā€ from the list. Then choose the siren from the ā€œOn this Speaker playerā€ field.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin!! Play notification option worked. I was earlier selecting Play.

1 Like

My alarm suddenly has stopped working. It looks like the messages are being sent to it, but no sounds come out at all. Iā€™ve tried swapping batteries but that didnā€™t fix it. Dead hardware?

Update: I looked at the device through the IDE. It appears to be connected and has been sent on/off messages through my routines.

I would exclude it via the app, then try to pair it back again as a new device. If you have numerous SmartApps using the Siren and are worried about losing all your setting etc. then create a virtual/simulated device, go to the Dome Siren in the ST app > SmartApps tab, then go into each SmartApp listed, edit it adding the new virtual/simulated device to each. Once you pair it back and it is working then go to the new simulated device > SmartApps and again edit them adding back the Dome Sirenā€¦

Go into the deviceā€™s settings through the mobile app and make sure that you have the ā€œAlarm Delayā€ setting set to off. If that doesnā€™t fix it, open live logging, tap the alarm button in the mobile app, wait about 5 seconds then tap the off button and post the live logging data.

Thanks. I reset the unit to factory defaults and re-added it to my network. Now an alarm trigger turns on the LEDS (I had shut them off previously) but still no sound comes out. Iā€™ve tried the whole slew of sound buttons (Siren 1, 2, ā€¦) but no sound. Do I have a dead unit?

10:23:08 PM: debug Turning Off()
10:23:01 PM: debug Device Checked In
10:23:01 PM: debug Device Checked In
10:22:59 PM: debug Turning on Siren (Alarm 3 (Default))

The device doesnā€™t have the ability to turn on the LED without making noise so they either added that functionality in a new firmware version that doesnā€™t work with my DTH or your device is faulty.

If you post the ā€œRaw descriptionā€ Iā€™ll be able to tell if the firmware was updated. Itā€™s located on the device details page in the IDE.

Raw Description zw:F type:1005 mfr:021F prod:0003 model:0088 ver:2.80 zwv:4.34 lib:06 cc:5E,86,72,5A,73,70,85,59,25,71,87,80 role:07 ff:8F00 ui:8F00

Thatā€™s the same version that I have so itā€™s not a firmware update.

Have you tried changing the type to a zwave switch to see if tat fixes it?

Ended up that I had dead hardware. They replaced it under warranty.

2 Likes