[OBSOLETE] Aeotech Multisensor 6 (gen 5 zwave plus, model ZW100-A)

I’m using the detected aeon multi sensor, I could try using that custom device type.

Yeah, the stock device type does not provide those options as far as I could tell.

I created the custom device as directed, but when I change the device type of my sensor I get the following error

Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/device/update
Reference Id
d6b330e4-58ba-471c-acfa-a8d46859f655
Date
Sat Feb 13 03:29:58 UTC 2016

I pulled the code raw from your github and I don’t see any stray text as an earlier person posted.

Hmm, not sure what that could be, I had no issues with mine. Maybe remove it from ST and reset it and then re-connect it with the device code in place and see if that works? Did you copy the V1 or V2 code? Do you have a V1 or V2 ST hub? I have a V2 hub and I used the V2 code (not sure if the code versions are tied to hub versions, I used the V2 code simply because it seemed to be the latest and fixed some issues.

Also, just to clarify it is not my code nor my Github site, all that credit goes to @Lgkahn or @Robert_Vandervoort depending on which device type you installed.

It’s a V2 Hub and I got the V2 code.

Later on I’ll try removing it from the hub, resetting it and re-pairing it with the new device.

Just an FYI, it’s not a different code for each hub. The v2 is simply the current version number of the code. I havnt had a chance to look at the new code posted by Lgkhan but the OP Roberts code has instructions near the top of the device type to help with pairing.

Yeah for my code you generally want the latest version number. I put the change log in the device type so you can see what was fixed or changed.

Did you fix it now?
I use your latest driver but offsets have no effect.

Is anyone else seeing a ‘Null’ or ‘N/A’ battery % with @Robert_Vandervoort’s v2.2 code? I have one sensor (out of 10) that is showing this, but is otherwise acting normally. It’s a sensor that’s been working fine since I put it up about 2 weeks ago, so the batteries should still be good.

I had that happen once or twice actually. Not entirely sure why… I think it has to do with the pairing over USB and installing batteries later on. I run all mine on usb now though as the short interval makes them too greedy on batteries.

Has anyone had trouble using this device type in conjunction with the Smart Humidifier SmartApp? I am attempting to trigger my humidifier switch based on humidifier range… and it appears that it isn’t reading the humidity values…

Is it possible to turn off the green led light?

I wish I could do that on all of my sensors

I use one in my sons room for this purpose when he gets sinus issues. It works well.

Tape over it. Low tech…

I’m coming to the conclusion that my unit is defective somehow - it eats batteries. I’ve had it on USB since I last had batteries for it. Last night I put in a brand new set of batteries. It was down to 70% after about 11 hours, and down to under 20% another 8 hours later:

I’m running with @Robert_Vandervoort DTH version 2.2 (with my color gradient patch from above). My poll time was set to 900. It was sitting next to a Z-wave repeater and 4 other Z-wave devices that are all operating fine.

I’ve got 1 more set of new batteries. I’m going to put it next to the SmartThings hub and see how they last.

FWIW: they seem to recommend a 1 hour poll on battery:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000115071-difference-between-usb-and-battery-power-and-recommendations

I set mine up straight out of the box, no tweaking any polling times. I installed with @Robert_Vandervoort Device Handler. It read 50% battery for the first day even though it had to Duracell CR232s in it. After the first day it went to 100%.

I’ve using it for a week and it still says 100%. It’s at my front door so it captures all the exits and entries.

i was running version 2.2 as well, but I noticed a few days back it switched by itself to this:

Seems to be reporting everything I need. Maybe try that just to see if it fixes the battery drain.

My first device every was a SamrtThings MultiSensor and it ate through the batteries in less than a day. I returned it and I have another in the same location and it been at 100% for a couple weeks now.

When you first paired the sensor was it on battery, or USB powered? You have to do a factory reset of the sensor when switching between the two. The sensor behaves differently when running on batteries vs USB, but it determines the behavior on initial pairing. If you were on USB, and then switch to batteries without a reset, it will eat up power because it still thinks it’s plugged in.

I’m pretty sure I initially paired it on USB. Thanks, that’s a great suggestion. I’ll do a reset tonight.