[OBSOLETE] Aeotech Multisensor 6 (gen 5 zwave plus, model ZW100-A)

Mine is running on battery right now. No issues. I will connect the USB adapter when weather permits.

Mine is outside and running on batteries. Iā€™ve had no issues with battery power so far.

I excluded while plugged in on USB. I tried connecting it while using battery but it appears to not even have power.

Mine is killing batteries left and right. I thought it might have been because of cheaper Tenergy batteries, but I bought a package of Streamlights and they just latest 3 days. Iā€™ve been using the RV2.2 handler. What can be causing this?

How often are you having it send temp, rh, and other data values?

I backed mine off to 45 min (though it sometimes sends more often due to threshold reporting), and Iā€™ve been running 5 months at 100% still.

How far is it from the hub or a zwave device that will repeat? Mine is probably almost 100 feet from the hub, BUT it is only about 5 feet from a light switch that will repeat.

Iā€™ve been seeing it send updates about every 5 minute for a couple weeks now. Still at 100%. Iā€™m thinking of trying to back off the update time aince 5 minutes seems aggressive.

What do you mean by this?
Mine wonā€™t turn on with the battery so Iā€™m assuming this is my best bet to get them to work?

@TANDZ I have 7 on batteries and they all work great.

Yeah, mine must be a dud or something similar to the below

I just canā€™t get any power, but I donā€™t know exactly what to play with to get them to work.

Does anyone have any tips that I am missing to get this sensor to connect to SmartThings?

I have tried via battery and usb power, both of which seem to work fine as far as powering the sensor. I get a green LED for a couple of seconds if I click the (very hidden) action button and this happens whether I do a single click or a double click. If I hold the button for several seconds the light turns purple and then flashes for about 5-10 seconds and then stops. In all of these attempts I had the SmartThings hub looking for devices and it never finds anything, with or without this v2.2 device code added to my hub. I have also tried holding the action button for 20 or so seconds until I get a red LED flash twice which from reading means a full reset of the device, even after that it fails to be seen.

exclude it first, then try to re-add it.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

@Lgkahn, there was nothing to exclude as this was a brand new unit so it was not paired with my hub.

Apparently it needed a reset and I was not waiting long enough for the reset to happen. It is not documented like this but I had to hold the action button for quite a bit longer than 20 seconds, probably more like 30 seconds. After about 20 seconds the LED will turn red and blink twice which is what the instructions say and is when I was releasing the button. What I had to do was continue holding the button and the LED would start blinking faster and faster and then at some point (5-10 seconds later) it switched to the color fade pattern indicating it was reset. After that I was able to pair with the double click without issues.

this is not always trueā€¦ many times they are left paired to something during testingā€¦ I have had to unpair many new devices before they would pair.

Pardon me if I missed this already.

I canā€™t seem to find away to set a temperature offset.

Cheers,

Matthew

Are you in the IDE @ https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

I havenā€™t used this specific device type, so in the IDE under the device you can probably click edit on parameters and change it there, or there might be a preferences button in the mobile app that you can use, but you will likely have to wake the device up to submit it.

@Lgkahn Yeah, I was thinking you were talking about excluding it from my hub. I figured it just needed to be reset but apparently I wasnā€™t holding the button quite long enough to actually perform the reset. The manual only states the followingā€¦

ā€œpress and hold the Z-wave button for 20 seconds and then release it. Your MultiSensor will now be reset to its original settings, and the LED will stay solid for 2 seconds and then turn off as a confirmationā€

In reality you actually have to keep holding longer than 20 seconds (until the red LED blinks fast and changes to the color cycle pattern). I see that this seems to be known by looking at the instructions provided with the device handler code so if you read that instead of the manufacturers instructions you should be good.

At any rate it is now connected and working great, thanks for the tip. Hopefully the clarification above will help someone else that runs into the same issue.

No temperature offset option there, not like my smartthings motion with temp.

Did you check the app, the IDE or both?

Both the device settings in the app and the ide device settings only have motion and report frequency settings.

@Matthew1234 Which device type are you using? I ended up switching to the one posted by @Lgkahn and I can see settings for the offsets for humidity and temperature.