Aeon Labs Multisensor Gen5 - Not Connecting Properly

Hi All,

I just purchased an Aeon Labs Multi-sensor (Gen5) and when I select "connect a device " in the Aeon Labs Multi-Sensor tab under “Things”, it says a device has been found but not the correct type. It does shows up as a generic Z-wave device but I am unable to configure any of the sensors.

After speaking with Smartthings, it appears that Aeon Labs has changed their chipset and the Z-wave Generation 5 is not yet supported on this platform.

Has anyone had any luck pairing the Gen5 version of this sensor?

Thanks,

(Jody) #2

Where did you buy a G5 at? I did not even realize they had a new multi and it’s not on their website.

(Matt) #3

@JB872 if it’s Gen5/Z-Wave Plus it probably needs an updated device type for the secure part of z-wave plus. A few Aeon Gen5 devices are working with updated device types. I don’t think there is one for this yet, but I’m sure it won’t be long.

@jody.albritton http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1163

(Beckwith) #4

I believe you need to add the security command type to the existing device type. See the following:

www.Aartech.ca

(Ron S) #6

Haven’t heard of Aeon Zwave plus multi in US of A. I have a 5th gen. Aeon Siren which works thanks to @duncan. Don’t have the recessed doir sensor but @beckwith is right as I read it too.

Hi Ron & beckwith,

For someone who has little experience with Smartthings platform, is it a difficult task to add the security command type to the existing device type?

Thanks,

(Ron S) #8

I so wish I could help with this but I am in the same category as you. I follow this community and learn. This community is the new Facebook for us…:wink: as far as I am concerned SmartApps may be but device handlers… I will definitely brick it for you if I tried!

(Beckwith) #9

I would ask @jabbera how he added gen5 to the recessed door sensor.

(Matt) #10

Here is another device that a community member added the secure part to the device type to make it work.

(Michael Barry) #11

It’s not terribly difficult. I’ll try to get to it today.

Thanks Jabbera. I changed the device ID and was able to get the hub to recognize the Multisensor but it is not reporting any data.

(Michael Barry) #13

I’m trying to make the modification but the website will not let me make a new device type from code. It keeps timing out…

(Michael Barry) #14

Try this. It’s totally untested since I don’t have one.

Hi Jabbera,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to connect and I was wondering if it has something to do with the Gen5 having a different raw description.

Raw Description 0 0 0x0701 0 0 0 11 0x86 0x72 0x5E 0x59 0x85 0x73 0x71 0x84 0x80 0x30 0x31 0x70 0x98 0x7A 0xEF 0x5A 0x8

(Michael Barry) #17

For the door sensor even though the thumbprint was different you could just change the device type from the dev API and it worked. Have you tried that?

I tried changing the device type to 0x0701 and I was able to connect to yours but it is not polling any data. Is there anything else I would need to change?

(Matt) #19

I’m new to this but try changing the device type

change
fingerprint deviceId: "0x2001", inClusters: "0x30,0x31,0x80,0x84,0x70,0x85,0x72,0x86"

to
fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x86,0x72,0x5E,0x59,0x85,0x73,0x71,0x84,0x80,0x30,0x31"

Thanks mattjifrank but still not displaying data

(Michael Barry) #21

Unfortunatly this means the change is something more involved that I can’t make without an actual device. Sorry.

The fingerprint only deals with detection of the device. It doesn’t change anything about the device functionally. I don’t worry about them until I have a working device type.