[OBSOLETE] Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)

Yeah, that is bizarre about the operating temp and measuring temp. Thanks for the info. I thought maybe something was wrong with reporting as far as the battery. I’ll keep my eye on it out of curiosity and see how much it drops once it does.

Here’s the raw description:
Data
firmware: 1160
configured: true
Raw Description zw:S type:2101 mfr:0086 prod:0102 model:0064 ver:1.08 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,59,85,73,71,84,80,30,31,70,7A,5A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

As far as the lux update, it is really weird now. Instead of not changing it seems to be going all over the place. Here is a screen shot from yesterday afternoon. Day was sunny and hot.
Well, there would be a screen shot if I could figure out how to paste it here. Not sure why I can’t. But here is the gist of what it did:
1:27 PM Lux 112
1:42 PM Lux 466
2:12 PM LUx 114
2:27 PM Lux 535
2:57 PM Lux 157
3:42 PM Lux 567
3:57 PM Lux 125

One of my sensors has started to behave very badly. I have to do a battery pull to get it working again, then after a few days it stops reporting and goes offline, not sure if it’s a faulty device. I’ll check the manual to see how to completely reset it, see if that helps.

Strange numbers. Do you have another multi sensor 6 that you can test in the same location?

Also, are you in the US? Need the info to update the region in the handler.

@Alwas I think you hold the button down for 25 seconds to do a reset.

1 Like

It appears to do the lux fluxuation every day. Up and down all afternoon. That is the only one I have. I have it located on an outside wall in a screened in deck. As the sun moves the light would vary some, but on a clear day I don’t see why it would change that much. This is not a big issue, I’m just curious as to what might be going on.

I am in the US. Southwest Missouri. Is there somewhere in the handler that I should modify for the region?

Maybe a faulty device then, I don’t know. Mine don’t do that, but they are all inside and lux doesn’t change that much.

I am having an issue with my sensor registering “motion” constantly. I have tried a factory reset. Any suggestions?

Great code! thanks for making it available. I am trying to use it trigger a text to me when a light turns on in my kids bedroom, i am new to this so sorry if i am making an obvious mistake but the smarthome notifications seem to be limited to temp, ope/close, vibration, motion, presence, sound, humidity and lock…anyway to have the Multisensor 6 light sensor trigger a notification?

also, after i change config parameters do i need to select “replace device” in order to sync or just click the “done” in the top right to save? i have tried both, replace seems to time out before sync and done isn’t causing it to sync.

The replace feature is part of the Z-Wave spec that allows you to swap out a faulty device on the network. It should be rarely used.

If your device is battery powered, it may take a few hours to sync its settings as the device has to wake up and then the device handler has to send the proper config. You can speed up the process by pushing the button on the back.

As for the the light alert, you will probably have to use a custom app like webCoRE. If you search the forums you should be able to find a lot of information about it.

Thanks Eric for this excellent driver. I’ve been using it for several months and its been great. However I had one significant issue yesterday that I’m hoping you can shed some light on it…

I have selected reporting turned Off. My Multisensor v6 failed its health check and was offline. By the time I realized it it had been 20 hours. The health screen said it was last online 20 hour ago and last battery report was 100%. When I picked up the sensor and hit its Awake button it came back online and said the battery was now at just 22%. So in less than 24 hours the battery had somehow dropped from 100% to 22%.

What is the default battery reporting time? I would like to make it report the battery say every 2 hours. But do not want to use selective reporting because I like all other params how they were with selected reporting off.

Thanks!

What is your reporting interval set to and what firmware are you on? I believe by default the device will send battery reports if the measured percentage has decreased by 5% or more. Also, if the handler hasn’t received a battery report for over 24 hours it will request one the next time the device wakes up. It seems that your sensor got into some kind of battery draining loop that took it offline.

Why don’t I even see the Tamper information here? Its a Multisensor 6, with this DTH.

Your tamper is “CLEAR”.

Yes, but it does not show up on my dashboard.

How would the tamper status show on the Dashboard?

Hi New to this devise handler stuff. I just installed this handler on my motion sensor. Seems to be ok but you guys take about v.1.04 and up. I’m seeing this

Name Aeon Multisensor
Label Motion Living Room
Type Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)
Version Self-Published
Device Network Id 03
Status ONLINE
Hub Home Hub
Group Living Room
Last Activity At 2017-08-31 8:57 AM EDT
Date Created 2017-08-29 5:11 PM EDT
Last Updated 2017-08-31 8:49 AM EDT
Data
firmware: 4.84
Raw Description zw:S type:2001 mfr:014F prod:2002 model:0203 ver:4.84 zwv:3.67 lib:06 cc:71,85,80,72,30,86,31,70,84
Current States
temperature: 69
battery: 100 %
motion: inactive
acceleration: inactive
checkInterval: 21720
tamper: clear
needUpdate: NO

Do I not have the correct Motion Sensor?

Also this is the only things that show on my dashboard

I’ve installed the Device Handler this morning. It’s now 2:45pm. I’ve noticed my Motion Sensor is logging Motion Detected every 4 mins and Motion Stopped every 4 mins. Is this normal? I;m really not sure what I’m doing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like you have a different motion sensor than the one this handler was written for. The raw description gives info pointing to a GoControl device. Search the forums for the type and model of motion sensor that you have.

Thanks Eric I thought I had the right Handler but I guess I don’t I’m not really sure how I understand how to read the Raw description maybe you could tell me what the model is?

zw:S type:2001 mfr:014F prod:2002 model:0203 ver:4.84 zwv:3.67 lib:06 cc:71,85,80,72,30,86,31,70,84