Not seeing CO alarm with First Alert ZCOMBO detector

Ok, cool I wasn’t sure. I have two zcombo detectors running ST’s Edge driver, and I know for sure the smoke part works. I haven’t tested in a while, but I recall the test called out CO as well:

If the one you are currently using is an Edge driver you’ve installed on your hub, then you will be able to select it again, but if it’s a DTH there’s no going back (plus you’ll be migrated anyway eventually).

To remove an Edge driver, find your hub in the mobile app. Once there, tap on the three dots in the upper right and select Driver. All drivers installed on your hub will be listed. Find the one you want to remove and tap on the blue delete button, but make sure no device is using the driver

The CLI is a new interface similar to the IDE, but it’s all command line based, not browser based like the IDE was. It’s yet to be seen what ST will replace the IDE with, or if we’re stuck with the CLI. Here are two useful discussions, especially the SmartThings API Browser tool:

CLI (just one of many)

Thanks for this information. I was able to get this working and can see the real time logs from the devices.

Yes, that’s the same image in my zcomb smoke co devices. I have 5 total all using the exact same driver. However, when the test button is pressed, on 2 the history lists smoke tested, then co tested, then smoke clear then co clear. On the other three it only displays the smoke tested and smoke clear. No listing for CO. Those three are newer than the other two. I called first alert and they said they should all function the same, however, this issue would be a smartthings issue.

Can you set yourself up with the SmartThings API Browser I linked above? Once you do that, check to see if there’s a difference between with them specifically with Mfg Code and Model.

Here’s how to find that. Go to the API browser tool, and click on Devices → Devices:

Next, find your device in the list and click on it:

Next, click on Details and then the table below will show up:

If there is a difference, ST may have to add that model to their driver. If there’s no difference, it could be the device did not get properly configured when it joined, which means removing it from ST and rejoining it back to your hub, OR selecting a new driver (we’ll cross that bridge if needed later).