No use of volume controls

No use of volume control! For a Samsung tv which worked before
Also cannot change channels

Hey there! @kevin_Brett, Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile: Oh no, sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV. I’d be happy to provide you with some troubleshooting steps, first a couple of questions.

Can you provide me with the Model Code of the TV that you are having issues with? You can locate this information in the TV Settings Menu.

Have you reset the TV or the connected network recently? Wired or Wifi Connection being used?

Under Settings>General>Reset
You can also find the steps to Factory Reset the TV here: Samsung TV factory reset and self diagnosis tools

Additionally, after the reset and you have connected to your network, accepting terms of service and logged into your Smart Things Account on the TV. You can use this support article to add the TV back to Smart Things: Connect a Samsung Smart TV in the SmartThings app

If the symptom persists, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:
US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell