No Sunset or Sunrise times in IDE

Please can someone help with setting up my hub to provide sunset and sunrise automations.

I am new to Smartthings but have been trying to find solutions to my problem on the internet but with no luck. I have found the IDE site and from what I have read the sunset and sunrise times should be displayed here but there is nothing. It is as if the hub does not know where it is. Is there something I need to do to tell it where it is located in the world. I don’t know if it is related but I am based in the UK and to get time based events to work I have to put times in for UTC rather than British Summer Time. It seems odd that a Smart home application doesn’t automatically adjust for daylight saving.

Any help would be appreciated as I have already spent a lot of time trying to solve this but to no avail.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am using the new app and haven’t found anything that enables me to edit the location. I tried installing the classic app but can’t set it up as the welcome code does not work. I assume that is because I used the code in setting up the new app.

When logging into the Classic app, choose new user and it should detect your Samsung account. Best advice is to use the Classic app over the new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app at this point.

But you can set the location from the new app…

1 Like

jkp, thanks for the advice. Got into the classic app via the method you suggested and have been able to set up the location. Sunset and Sunrise times have now appeared in my locations page so hopefully I can get the automation working.

1 Like

I have my location set, but don’t see sunrise or sunset times… anywhere?

Thanks

install smart lights and create a rule using sunrise and/or sunset and save