No choice to add echo

I was instructed to add amazon echo as a thing on my ST app. When i go to voice control, the only option i have is google home. Any ideas?

(Mark) #2

http://status.smartthings.com/incidents/fv24x9r01ndc

Try again after this is resolved.

(Mark) #3

Also, did you try to add the ST skill in your Alexa app?

Ya, the ST skill has been added.
I will keep an eye on that uodate though.

I’ve never seen Echo / Alexa / Echo Dot etc in the Voice Control tab to add. Who told ‘instructed’ you to add it?

(Mark) #6

It’s a new option with the most recent update, I think.

@stephack

We were working on another issue i was having.

Mine says it’s version 2.4.1. What’s the latest? I went to the play store and no update available

(Brad) #10

I’ll flag the issue with the missing Alexa entries, should be a quick fix.

However, you can’t actually initiate the process from that entry and you’ll want to set it up from Amazon’s end. See https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205275404-How-to-connect-Amazon-Alexa-with-SmartThings for more info. Also you’ll want to wait until Amazon’s issue is resolved. :slight_smile:

(Jordon) #11

I’m running 000.017.00012 on android and am also not seeing the option to add an Amazon device. just for some more feedback.

Mine is up now.

(Brad) #13

Thanks for the data point. The marketplace is mostly independent of the Hub firmware and app.

I flagged this issue and it should be showing up now. If not, let me know!

Should i be able to access anything through this…

Other than this…

I was told to look for this screen and can’t find it.

(Brad) #16

If you toggle “Allow Alexa to access all devices and Routines” you can select individual switches, thermostats, and locks.

Ah, gotchya. So if i leave that toggled “on”. Alexa will have access to everything by default?

(Brad) #18

Correct. :smile_cat:

Ok, thank you. I must have other issues then.

(Stephan H.) #20

Now that you have the smartapp loaded you may need to discover your devices again. If that does not work get back to us on the fan thread.