New Stock Edge Drivers Beta list

Just wondering if this (Ecolink Firefighter) is on the workload to be rectified before I delete and go back to the old DTH?

ST posted multiple new drivers yesterday:

• zigbee-button
  • zigbee-lock
  • zigbee-window-treatment
  • zwave-bulb
  • zwave-fan
  • zwave-switch
  • zwave-thermostat
  • zwave-window-treatment
7 Likes

@nayelyz

Just trying to follow back up and see if the ecolink firefighter has an eta to add in the smoke and CO capabilities?

fingerprint mfr:“014A”, prod:“0005”, model:“000F”, deviceJoinName: “Ecolink Firefighter”

As this driver has the same functionality as the stock DTH (which passed the testing process), the engineering team has highlighted that if you need to include custom functionality, you must create your own driver.

@nayelyz

I think that there may be some level of confusion
 the EDGE driver DOES NOT provide the stock level of performance as the DTH.

The Ecolink Firefighter is designed as a Smoke and CO detector. It listens for the distinct sounds emitted by a smoke and CO detector and should be detected by Smartthings as a smoke and CO detector, but it is not. The EDGE driver is simply set up as a sound detector.

As such, the new edge driver does not meet the same level of functionality, nor even allow the unit to provide any level of functionality for the purpose it was designed for. As @nathancu mentioned previously:

It’s primary use case is to relay an audible smoke alarm or CO signal onto a ZWave network. So its understandable it has the sound capabilities - but it needs the Smoke / CO capabilities to actually be functional.

Jason

3 Likes

The driver and stock DTH have a function where they check if the alarm that detects CO or Smoke is activated, if so, the siren is turned on.

• Here’s the function in the DTH.
  • That function is included in the Edge Driver as well here.

What you mean is that the value is shown in a capability so you can use it in the STHM. To add it, you can do the following:

1. Download the Ecolink Firefighter driver
  2. Add the smokeDetector and carbonMonoxideDetector capabilities
  3. In the function where it’s compared if those alarms are present, you can send the event to the corresponding capability.

@Jason_Meudt, probably the original reason why @erocm1231 wrote that custom DTH, is the same why you are asking about the new Edge driver. The inability to use a device for what it was designed for. SmartThings tends to build DTHs with bare minimum functionality and that is the case again with both the Groovy and Edge driver as well. It detects sound but does nothing else. Disregarding the fact that probably this is the only device which works this way and the narrow-minded “generic” approach is pointless.

Your best move is if you update the Edge driver for yourself.

1 Like

There are quite a few other acoustic sensors that listen for smoke alarms. Typically the integration with ST for WiFi Models was through IFTTT, but they do exist. They are popular in the US as a way of integrating existing hardwired dumb smoke sensors to home automation systems. I haven’t seen any for the European market, probably because the sound pattern there is more complex since it gets gradually louder over time.

Note that all of these only work for the sound pattern used in US homes.

1. Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener (zwave)

2. Ecolink Zigbee Wireless Siren Audio Detector, White (FFZB1-ECO). This is the Zigbee version , not the zwave version (FFZWAVE5-ECO).

3. some Arlo cameras Have this ability. I don’t believe it’s currently exposed through the ST integration, but they could add it anytime they wanted.

4. Kidde RemoteLync (WiFi)

5. Echo Guard (gives any echo device this capability)

6. some WYZE camera models now Offer this feature with their paid subscription plan

7. Leeo (now discontinued) (WiFi)

All of these have the same issue you raise: they are an acoustic sensor, but they should be available in routines/STHM/Rules API as a smoke alarm and CO alarm since that is their function in the home.

@nayelyz @Jason_Meudt @nathancu

4 Likes

I realize that this community is filled with DIY’ers, tinkerers, and generally self sufficient enthusiasts, and of course, we will end up creating our own driver. That said, for a company that has the catch phrase, “One simple home system. A world of possibilities.”, I cannot believe that this is the answer. The “Lead a horse to water
” methodology is now the method of support?

Believe me, then you haven’t tried to contact support yet. That is a devastating thing. Both US and UK support is terrible. Disregarding the fact that SmartThings is a global product. Even the Hub is sold officially in many countries, but for example Germany hasn’t got a support at all.

The community is superb, as you wrote many tinkerers, but there are less and less people. Many fed up with the decisions and approaches what Samsung dictates.

The idea behind Samsung’s SmartThings is the fact, that Samsung has a brilliant brand name. They bought it a few years ago. Then they haven’t done anything with it, then ruined it with the corporate approach.
Nobody knows how the business will go as they outsourced the hardware (Hub), and no words still about how Matter will be implemented. Etc.

It applies to the wide range of integrations with minimal coverage for functionalities, but on the other hand all the C2C solutions are relying on the other parties and certification is troublesome. Parties blame each other continuously and nothing moves forward. Basically the right hand doesn’t know what the left does.
A good example is the New Brands topic. New brands are showing up in the app, before the code would have been pushed for them to production

2 Likes

Amazon Echo devices offer a similar feature thru Alexa Guard. It would be a nice integration if SHM could use this as a “sensor” input as well.

1 Like

Hi everyone and a good year!

Can anyone create drivers for these devices?

a Philio PAN08 Roller Shutter is in “Cloud”

Type Z-Wave Window Shade

Data * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
Raw Description zw:L type:1107 mfr:013C prod:0001 model:0015 ver:1.05 zwv:4.38 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,26,70,71,32,7A,2B,2C
Current States * shadeLevel: 100 %

[ “open”, “close”, “pause” ]|

Type Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2

Data * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
Raw Description zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0702 model:1000 ver:3.02 zwv:4.38 lib:03 cc:5E,59,22,80,56,7A,73,98,31 sec:85,70,5A,72,8E,71,86,84
Current States * contact: closed

Type Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor

Data * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
Raw Description zw:S type:0701 mfr:0258 prod:0003 model:108D ver:3.81 zwv:4.24 lib:06 cc:5E,86,72,5A,73,80,31,71,30,70,85,59,84
Current States * battery: 100 %

hese devices are working in the cloud Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hello. For Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 and Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor it is already a driver. Please tell me if it works

Hi, I’m sorry for the question.
But how do I install these drivers?
Other drivers that I installed a page appears and just install 

Thanks

Try my channel. Please let me know if it works. I’m also a beginner and I still don’t know what works and what doesn’t. I didn’t have time to test everything

The page at least on the cell phone does not open

ok, when i can install i say the result!

Does not load from a computer either. Just keeps spinning.

exact, the same happens to me!

@Helder_Rodrigues @damohabir @Mircea_Cosmin_Ionica A link to the ST beta driver channel and instructions for installing are in the topic below.

@philh30 is right. Try the invitation.

Thank you @philh30