New Stock Edge Drivers Beta list

Mine has a productId: 0x0002 so I did not need to add the fingerprint.

Honestly I don’t care what the capability is called as long as it detectes both Smoke and CO and works with STHM. Adding the capabilities to the driver is something I don’t know how to do.

3 Likes

I disagree Graham. It is essentially only a smoke or CO2 signal. It just collected its data for the trigger in a different way.

1 Like

Hey guys. What’s up? Just finished fully migrating everything to home assistant. I got a zooz 700 usb for EU and moved my last 14 devices over to HA. I can say that even with the local control on ST from drivers, communication using HA is notably faster.

Setting up and maintaining HA is a pain, but when it works it is just way ahead of ST in experience and functionality. If only ST was moving faster in the development department i may just stood with it. I can’t believe it has been 6 months since i migrated most of my things to HA and ST is still working on releasing drivers out of beta.

HA has some serious issues for beginners but ST is far from being recommended for beginners either. Imagine a beginner adding all his devices and automations only to be switched automatically to the new drivers and nothing works anymore…

4 Likes

Hello @nayelyz,
The stock Beta driver Z-Wave Siren for code Ecolink Firefighter, fingerprint mfr:“014A”, prod:“0005”, model:“000F” sound detector for the smoke and CO alarm, does not detect the CO alarm because there is an error in the driver code of subdriver zwave-sound-sensor / init.lua.
Right in the part that compares the types of alarm received in the command.:

local function alarm_report_handler(driver, device, cmd)
  local alarm_type = cmd.args.z_wave_alarm_type
  local alarm_event = cmd.args.z_wave_alarm_event

if alarm_type == Alarm.z_wave_alarm_type.SMOKE or cmd.alarm_type == Alarm.z_wave_alarm_type.CO then

Correct code must be:

local function alarm_report_handler(driver, device, cmd)
  local alarm_type = cmd.args.z_wave_alarm_type
  local alarm_event = cmd.args.z_wave_alarm_event

if alarm_type == Alarm.z_wave_alarm_type.SMOKE or alarm_type == Alarm.z_wave_alarm_type.CO then

cmd.alarm_type must be changed by variable alarm_type

He was testing by @Terri_Baker
When the cc.NOTIFICATION smoke DETECTED received, a correct sound event is emitted

2022-03-26T17:46:38.924222766+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Siren v2 <ZwaveDevice: 09692efa-8d6e-4be7-9b0e-accad82a3922 [8A] (Ecolink Firefighter)> received Z-Wave command: {args={alarm_level=0, alarm_type=0,event=“DETECTED”, event_parameter=“”, notification_status=“ON”, notification_type=“SMOKE”, v1_alarm_level=0, v1_alarm_type=0, z_wave_alarm_event=“DETECTED”, z_wave_alarm_status=“ON”, z_wave_alarm_type=“SMOKE”, zensor_net_source_node_id=0}, cmd_class=“NOTIFICATION”, cmd_id=“REPORT”, dst_channels={}, encap=“NONE”, payload=“\x00\x00\x00\xFF\x01\x02\x00\x00”, src_channel=0, version=3}
2022-03-26T17:46:38.972714766+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Siren v2 <ZwaveDevice: 09692efa-8d6e-4be7-9b0e-accad82a3922 [8A] (Ecolink Firefighter)> emitting event: {“attribute_id”:“sound”,“capability_id”:“soundSensor”,“component_id”:“main”,“state”:{“value”:“detected”}}

When the cc.NOTIFICATION of CO DETECTED is received, event sound not detected is emitted

2022-03-26T17:47:51.676665775+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Siren v2 <ZwaveDevice: 09692efa-8d6e-4be7-9b0e-accad82a3922 [8A] (Ecolink Firefighter)> received Z-Wave command: {args={alarm_level=0, alarm_type=0, event=“CARBON_MONOXIDE_DETECTED”, event_parameter=“”, notification_status=“ON”, notification_type=“CO”, v1_alarm_level=0, v1_alarm_type=0, z_wave_alarm_event=“CARBON_MONOXIDE_DETECTED”, z_wave_alarm_status=“ON”, z_wave_alarm_type=“CO”, zensor_net_source_node_id=0}, cmd_class=“NOTIFICATION”, cmd_id=“REPORT”, dst_channels={}, encap=“NONE”, payload=“\x00\x00\x00\xFF\x02\x02\x00\x00”, src_channel=0, version=3}
2022-03-26T17:47:51.726177442+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Siren v2 <ZwaveDevice: 09692efa-8d6e-4be7-9b0e-accad82a3922 [8A] (Ecolink Firefighter)> emitting event: {“attribute_id”:“sound”,“capability_id”:“soundSensor”,“component_id”:“main”,“state”:{“value”:“not detected”}}

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the results of your tests, I will create a report for the engineering team.

2 Likes

Hi,

The deviceProfileName for the Fibaro Carbon Monoxide Sensor (in the zwave-smoke-alarm fingerprint) is set incorrect. Currently lists deviceProfileName: fibaro-co-sensor-zw5.
I think it should actually be deviceProfileName: co-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm.

Hi

This looks amazing :slight_smile:

I have been through the complete chat, but cannot find the invitation link for these drivers.
Sorry I am new to edge drivers…
I am looking for a edge driver for Zwave electric meter with Qubino3PhaseMeter.

hi notice there is a driver for samsung audio in the github edge drivers list but it is not in the beta list , is it posible to install the driver ? to test
thanks martin
@nayelyz
@Mariano_Colmenarejo

Just so you are aware, this thread pertains to Beta testing Samsung’s Edge drivers. These are not the production version. The beta versions, or even the production versions, may not be what you really want. 3rd party (community) developers also write drivers which are often more fully featured. Here is a link to a wiki that describes those drivers:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

However, if you want to join the beta program for Samsungs Drivers, look at the link below. Bear in mind that a number of Samsung drivers are already in production, so I would remove and re-add your device just to make sure a Samsung production driver doesn’t already exist.

Thank you Bryan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening, I have a qty of Smartthings Zigbee Motion Sensors STS-IRM-251 (Motion, Temperature and Battery). They are not being picked up by the ‘Zigbee Motion Sensor’ driver when I delete and re-add the device via the app (I have added the driver to my hub). It is being picked up as a (legacy) ‘Z-Wave Repeater’. I hope it is just a case of adding the fingerprint to the stock driver which I believe is: 89a26feb-d6d9-4e2f-9e6d-452be9464e5d

Thank you and Regards

Jim

hi just tried the samsung audio edge driver the tts (text to speach /notification ) isnt working and im not sure where to post this so i thought here .
thanks for the great work
martin

hi the zigbee window treatment driver please can you add a calibration to it
thanks
martin

@nayelyz

1 Like

I intended to fork the Z-wave window treatment driver to implement it for iBlinds, but when I looked at how Edge driver packages are assembled I got intimidated. I’m not sure whether the capability is applicable to most devices or just a couple of particular manufacturers / models.

Hi, @montyfert
Could you elaborate, please? Is it something that used to be available in the stock driver?

in order to use the curtain driver it needs to know when the blind is open and closed and the time it takes from open to closed.
as is the driver only rruns the blind for 10 seconds then shows closed and vice versa
thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know of an edge driver for Livingwise 7 button zigbee scene controller?

LVS-ZB-SC7

Device ID: d57d0e58-d089-4d73-8aec-c5f6bd357949

Could I get the Aeotec Doorbell 5 fingerprint added to the Z-Wave Siren driver?

zw:L type:1005 mfr:0086 prod:0104 model:0038 ver:1.12

I see the version 6 is listed so would like to see if it works with this device as the official Aeotec driver isn’t working.

Does anyone have other suggestions of a driver that may work for this device?

Thanks.