New new logo (March 2018)

It’s heeeeeeeeere… :wink:

6 Likes

I don’t know if I should be happy or afraid…lol.

1 Like

It’s hit the Community too.

2 Likes

I guess I’m among the observant folks. It was the first thing that caught my eye as I logged into the Community!

2 Likes

It sort of reminds me of an old rotary phone dialer
images
6a3bdc286c73d02aea9a6dde89c401b1--rotary-telephone

1 Like

Interestingly enough, it’s the same logo the Samsung connect app uses.

That’s the whole point.

SmartThings used this logo exclusively at the Samsung Developers Conference where SmartThings Cloud unification was announced.

1 Like

and the documentation seems to migrate with more details on the Samsung/smartthings pages.

I found more details about capabilities there than in the original ST documentations. Maybe I missed it before but I never found for instance airQualitySensor capability in the past.

SmartThings announced a few weeks (months?) ago that they were no longer maintaining the old documentation at docs.smartthings.com

really? seems the samsung one is not fully implemented either. I went there following the old doc hyperlink they added for the capabilities. And the IDE still points to the old one.

1 Like

Yup… Welcome to the wonderful world of SmartThings. :speak_no_evil:

And the new documentation is mostly irrelevant to the current IDE, except for some universal constructs like Capabilities.

1 Like

The logo reminds me of a guage depicting the state of my devices in the Samsung Connect app…60% (3 out of 5) unknown, unavailable, or can not connect.

5 Likes

Logo schmogo.

Please, SmartThings, just don’t destroy everything as you migrate to your brave new world… <eek!>

3 Likes

It looks like a star network topology to me. But it appears that three out of five nodes have lost connection to the hub. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We could be optimistic and assume the ones without a direct connection are cloud to cloud devices. :wink:

2 Likes

They forgot to run a Z-Wave repair on the logo before publishing…

I understand the image change thing with all the Samsung Connect merge, etc… But IMHO the old logo was so much better… Not that it really matters at the end of the day…

Had they done that all the links would be broken.

1 Like