New Brands/Devices available on the SmartThings Platform

Nice. Especially as the old community-developed integration quit working a while back.

1 Like

Iā€™ve taken a punt on ordering the bits to make a simple light meter with ADF firmware. Iā€™ll report back how I get on

2 Likes

I did a soil sensor before they posted it is not supported

Did the SmartThings brand icon change in the device brand list? I think it used to be blue on white. Now itā€™s white on blue.

Yes i noticed it as well

Changed on the website and forum too:

Hasnā€™t changed in the PlayStore yet:

1 Like

Lock the fridge if youā€™re over your target weight? :smiley:

1 Like

Light meter from ADF works well. Flashing the nodeMCU was easy. The only thing that confused me was the step to configure your home wifi, you need to join the deviceā€™s AP from the same device as you configured the wifi credentials on (I was configuring the wifi on my laptop and joining the AP on my phone)

2 Likes

Something got addedā€¦ :thinking:

Lexi?

1 Like

Yep, I was too lazy to look. Waiting for you

1 Like

Lexi devices

These look cool. People have been looking for controllable tea lights/candles forever

4 Likes

There are lots of tea lights that have an IR remote that will work with Logitech Harmony and you can use that for smartthings integration. I have a couple of different brands. :sunglasses:

I suspect you might be able to take the same kind of approach with the SwitchBot mini, but I havenā€™t tried that.

Flameless Candles

yeah, but this method seems ā€œeasierā€/cleaner to me. Donā€™t have to learn IR codes, setup a bulky robot, etc.

2 Likes

Choice is good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

and now, something has been removedā€¦ Withings

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

What do they do? Throw something in there and hope it works and if it doesnā€™t, pull it?

SMH

Judging from the globe electric issues a few months ago, some companies in beta test accidentally release their integrations to the full public without meaning to.

1 Like

And if so, isnā€™t it time measures are put in place to prevent that happening. And yes, thatā€™s rhetorical.

2 Likes

It stopped syncing (for me) a week or two ago and also sent a zero reading for no reason once. Given that the integration also only supports one account/profile, it really needs some more work.