New app, phones as presence sensors?

Will phones still work as presence sensors in the new app?

You need to enable use location services in Dashboard: settings. The sensors are separate for both apps. FYI… the sensor does not appear as a device in the Samsung Connect app.

2 Likes

Are you using iOS or Android? I’ve been experimenting with using the new app for mobile presence on iOS and it has not gone well. I previously thought it was working, but once I turned of location services for the Classic app it no longer updated.

iOS but I don’t use location services in the new app yet. Well, I did at first but it turned itself off after one of the updates and I never enabled it again.

sorry, meant question for the OP :slight_smile: I’ve also found with the new app in iOS that “Use location information” will turn itself off. Turning it back on then creates a duplicate mobile presence device (only visible in Classic app) and the old one stops updating. Quite the mess!

1 Like

I’m using iOS. I only have the new app installed on my iPad- just to see what it looks like. Im still going to use the classic app on my iPhone 10 until I’m forced to upgrade to the new app.

I also wonder if ady’s webCoRE presence sensor DTH will work?!?

IPhone 10?

Yes, iPhone 10