New Aeotec siren 6

awesome, thanks so much! Just ordered one.
Hoping they release the extra buttons soon, too.

Where can I find the device handler for the siren6?

thanks just installed the handler while waiting for the siren. just one comment before the “Save” step you need to click on the “Create” button first, at least on my version.

Hi Kevin,

Can I diactivate the door button controller at a specific time frame? So that the chime doesn’t sound late evening or night if someone pressing?

Best regards
Thekholm

Hi
I’m new to using DH but managed to make the Aeotec Siren 6 work as a siren and as an alarm.
I’d like to use the chime as well but I can’t find any way of controlling it via the classic Smartthings App. It seems to only appear as a siren. I can make the chime work manually as a ‘Thing’.
Please can someone help? Many thanks!

The topic below has a custom handler for the Aeotec siren 6 and the documentation in that topic’s first post explains how to use it as a chime and siren.

Thanks Martin. I needed to use the Speaker Companion by entering the sound number to play as the custom message then create a virtual switch to trigger it.

Hi Kevin, I am Carlos. I have installed an AEOTEC siren 6 to my ADT-Smartthings system, I think Its working now because I can trigger its functions with your DTH. I also have set it up to turn it on when alarm is triggered with Mavrrick ADT-Tools 2 app, I think It will work, tomorrow I will test it all tomorrow. My question is how can I set this external siren as a chime for dual branded door sensors (ADT/Smartthings). I have found some instructions but they are for SHM, but I cannot find how to do that in Classic Smartthing app using ADT/ST hub. I have read your topic about use it as siren and chime, but I think this is specific for SHM, but I am little confused how to find it out the way with ADT/ST in Smartthing app. Thanks my friend !

Use the Smart App “Speaker Companion”

Tap “Play a notification”, select “Custom Message”, and enter the sound # you want to play into the “Play this message” field.

Thanks Kevin, I am working in Classic App, when I pick up Aeotec speaker (siren) the app does not give me any chance to select any choice, neither “Custom Message”. just a gray banned message “Este altavoz solo puede reproducir la selección actual” (“This speaker only can play current selection”) The chime is the same I configured in your DTH, but the same for each door because I cannot get the app give me any choice. Any idea my friend?

The speaker companion app asks what you want to do before asking for the device so that can’t be the correct app.

You should see the “Speaker Companion” app in the music and sounds section of the add a SmartApp screen.

Thanks ! I found what is happening, Now Its working, Its about how to program it I tap “Add a Smartapp” / Music & Sound and then only one app is displayed “Asistente de altavoces” something like “Speakers Assistant” I interpreted as that could be Speaker Companion app. But its fields to set up are (translated in English):

• Control: play/stop/pause/omit
  • Play a notification
  • Play a weather report

If I select “Control:play option” asked for a device, Aeotec speaker is an option, but no chance to “custom message”, this option triggers the default chime programed in your DTH.
If I select “Play notification” then I find the options you told me. Great! Now I can chime the #25 when I get arriving at home to let my daughters know a hero is coming …hehe. Thanks again

I’m not sure if you were following the documentation posted by Aeotec, but it said to use the “Control:play” option, which as you discovered is wrong, so I contacted them and they said they’d update their documentation.

Glad to hear everything is working.

1 Like

Purchased and installed siren6 in smartthings. firmware 1.5. Installed and activated the DH from Kevin; much appreciated Kevin!. Unable to raise the volume of the siren no matter what setting I use. Strobe works fine and when I pressed the button in the siren the sound is much louder. Also constantly get “a network or server error occurred” message. Try again later". Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi, I just got the Aeotec Siren 6, but its a ZW164-C version. Anyone who have a DH for this one? (New SmartThings App)

1 Like

There is a great DTH made by @krlaframboise, look for it in this community.

Hi Carlos.

Unfortunately, his version is for AW164-A and does not work on ZW164-C.

I’ve compared the specs on z-wave alliance and all the configuration parameters are the same so the handler should work with A, B, and C.

That offline status issue was caused by the handler not having a vid, but I just posted a new version of the handler. You must have the handler installed and published before joining the device so if you already have the device joined you have to remove it and join it again.

For users that already have the old version of the handler installed, the old version might stay cached for a day. You might be able to force it to refresh the UI by changing the device’s label in the IDE, but that doesn’t always work.

Thanks a lot Kevin. Removing it, and then adding it again made miracles :slight_smile:

I didn’t test the changes I made in the last update so let me know if you’re still seeing that offline issue.