New Aeotec siren 6

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren Anyone bought one yet? I´m needing siren and been thinking to buy this but only worry is how long it takes to get working device handler for this. Aeotec has published engineering specs for it if someone wanna start building DH. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6073848037

You can’t buy it yet, but I’ve already created fully functional SmartThings handlers for the Aeotec Doorbell 6 and Aeotec Siren 6.

Once they’re available in stores I’ll post the handlers to GitHub and create forum topics for them.

3 Likes

Great news. Proshop´s webstore first showed they would be available 6.5, then changed to order only status. Now showing they are ordered them and waiting them to arrive warehouse at 21.5. Weird release takes this long because it was introduced last year.

Will the new DH only work with the Classic app or both apps? Will the Siren be able to be paired down to a chirp? I’m just looking for something to let me know when someone opens or closes the door.
TIA

The new mobile app doesn’t support settings or custom UIs so to configure the device you have to use the Classic app. Once it’s configured you should be able to use it in the new mobile app with all the built-in apps.

There are 30 sounds and 15 are chime related. There’s a setting that allows you to limit the length of any sound to 1 second and sound #29 is already less than 1 second so you could probably use that one.

Aeotec sent me the device with firmware 1.2 and the configuration parameters in the engineering specs you linked to above match my device, but the devices are shipping with firmware 1.4 which has completely different configuration parameters and requires the sound switch capability so it doesn’t work with my handler.

I just received the latest firmware and engineering specs so I hope to have a new version of the handler posted by tomorrow.

I just posted a new version of the Aeotec Siren 6 handler that should be fully functional with the latest version of the product.

The Doorbell 6 has 2 handlers and it requires a lot of additional testing so it might take me a few days to post the new version.

been waiting ages for the doorbell 6, can’t wait to get one…
will look out for the DTH! thanks!

1 Like

awesome, thanks so much! Just ordered one.
Hoping they release the extra buttons soon, too.

Where can I find the device handler for the siren6?

thanks just installed the handler while waiting for the siren. just one comment before the “Save” step you need to click on the “Create” button first, at least on my version.

Hi Kevin,

Can I diactivate the door button controller at a specific time frame? So that the chime doesn’t sound late evening or night if someone pressing?

Best regards
Thekholm

Hi
I’m new to using DH but managed to make the Aeotec Siren 6 work as a siren and as an alarm.
I’d like to use the chime as well but I can’t find any way of controlling it via the classic Smartthings App. It seems to only appear as a siren. I can make the chime work manually as a ‘Thing’.
Please can someone help? Many thanks!

The topic below has a custom handler for the Aeotec siren 6 and the documentation in that topic’s first post explains how to use it as a chime and siren.

Thanks Martin. I needed to use the Speaker Companion by entering the sound number to play as the custom message then create a virtual switch to trigger it.

Hi Kevin, I am Carlos. I have installed an AEOTEC siren 6 to my ADT-Smartthings system, I think Its working now because I can trigger its functions with your DTH. I also have set it up to turn it on when alarm is triggered with Mavrrick ADT-Tools 2 app, I think It will work, tomorrow I will test it all tomorrow. My question is how can I set this external siren as a chime for dual branded door sensors (ADT/Smartthings). I have found some instructions but they are for SHM, but I cannot find how to do that in Classic Smartthing app using ADT/ST hub. I have read your topic about use it as siren and chime, but I think this is specific for SHM, but I am little confused how to find it out the way with ADT/ST in Smartthing app. Thanks my friend !

Use the Smart App “Speaker Companion”

Tap “Play a notification”, select “Custom Message”, and enter the sound # you want to play into the “Play this message” field.

Thanks Kevin, I am working in Classic App, when I pick up Aeotec speaker (siren) the app does not give me any chance to select any choice, neither “Custom Message”. just a gray banned message “Este altavoz solo puede reproducir la selección actual” (“This speaker only can play current selection”) The chime is the same I configured in your DTH, but the same for each door because I cannot get the app give me any choice. Any idea my friend?

The speaker companion app asks what you want to do before asking for the device so that can’t be the correct app.

You should see the “Speaker Companion” app in the music and sounds section of the add a SmartApp screen.