NEW: Aeon Home Energy Monitor v2 Device

Each time you reset the meter on setting you have to change the last reading on the meter and the cicle date.

Mine I reset it when I receive the invoice. Then I go to the settings and change values and start fore casting the next month.

I used it about a year and the diferences from the forecasting and the real invoice is aabout 3$.

Is working fine for me!

Hey all! Its been a while! I just updated my code for the V1 version, fixed a couple bugs, and update the color scheme to something a little more eco friendly.

Note: I have hid the battery as I imagine most people don’t run these off batteries and the 0% battery can be annoying. I also did some other trimming down to simplify the interface for us V1ers who don’t have as much data to display. Also, the wattage coloring goes all the way to red at 3000 watts so depending on how much your home uses (mine is very low) you might want to adjust the table upwards.

backgroundColors:[
                [value: "0",    color: "#1DB100"],
                [value: "500",  color: "#61D836"],
                [value: "1000", color: "#88FA4E"],
                [value: "1500", color: "#F8BA00"],
                [value: "2000", color: "#FF968D"],
                [value: "2500", color: "#FF644E"],
                [value: "3000", color: "#EE220C"]

2 Likes

thank you for the update.

I am afraid to touch mine since it mostly works.

I noticed only one zinger value (spurious reading in the billions of watts I think) in the past couple years.

OOPS I see now your header says v2 but your screenshot and preface is v1.

Could you share a copy of your DTH??

I know this an old post, but do you still have the code for Aeon v2 if you are willing to share?

I’m pretty sure there are more recent updates to this that work better - I haven’t even run this in 2-3 years. But here’s what I have…

I use Barry’s DTH and it has been working for me for quite some time. I did modify it slightly, I made the displays simpler. I don’t really ever look at the device on ST.

I originally wrote some smartapps to auto reset every month, send me various energy usage notifications, and log data to a thngspeak account, but have since moved them all to webcore.

For some reason my smartapps that had been working flawlessly for over a year started not firing when they were supposed to. I kept playing with them trying to figure why and finally gave up and moved a couple of simple task to webcore and realized how much easier it was so I just dumped all my smartapps. Hopefully it won’t be all a waste when ST does whatever they are going to do with the new app and platform.