Can anyone at ST say if they are part of the Nest Developer Program? I know that they applied for API access and there will obviously be an NDA, but I assume they could at lest say of they are part of the program and if they are prioritizing integration.
I can think of some great integrations with Protect. When smoke alarm goes off, change mode to “Emergency” after x delay and the hush button is not pressed in that time. Emergency mode might include…
- unlock doors to allow emergency responders access to the house
- turn on all lights
- flash Hues to indicate areas that are clear and areas that are in the danger zone
- cycle outside lights on and off to help emergency responders find your house quicker (zwave controlled switch, for example)
- send texts to other people outside of your family - perhaps neighbors?
- turn off fans, etc
- command non-Nest thermostats to shutdown HVAC (since the Protect can only talk to Nest Thermostats)
- return to previous Hello, Home mode if emergency situation ends
I’m sure there is even more others users can think of. There also might be two types of Emergency Modes - fire and CO. CO mode could do different things.
Of course, there’s the motion detector on the Protect that can be used by ST to trigger events as well, which would be really nice since every bedroom and major area has a smoke detector…if you are following the rules!
So, basically trying to figure out if Nest is a priority for ST to see if I want to spend the money on seven Protects for our house.