Mysa Learning Thermostats for baseboard heaters

(Andrew Murphy) #1

Hi Everyone!

My Team and I have been working on a learning thermostat for electric baseboard heaters called Mysa. www.getmysa.com

Mysa optimises itself for comfort or energy efficiency and will work with SmartThings and other home automation devices. Even though we are still in development, we are collecting pre-orders for the product and looking for feedback.

We can have a discussion here, or you can reach out to us through our site.

Thanks for listening!

(Jimi Moore) #2

Looks I am set to receive my mysa in the next few weeks.

Are there currently any official or unofficial ways to integrate with SmartThings? Not terribly concerned if there isn’t yet since Alexa and Homekit connectivity should be enough to tide me over.

Another question. I use baseboard heat in two rooms. Guest bedroom on main level and sunroom on 2nd level. The rooms are right above/below each other. Is there an effective way to manage both without buying another mysa? Perhaps with a remote sensor for one room?

(Ryan Ray Neff) #3

How do you like your Mysa? I just got mine hooked up to Alexa and Google home, but I’d really like to get it working with Smartthings. Did you find a way to do that?

(Ryan Ray Neff) #4

The Mysa folks pointed me to their release roadmap:

It looks like Mysa Smartthings integration should be here June 2018. Interestingly, they’ve got IFTTT on the map for May 2018, so you could integrate that way. It looks like that roadmap hasn’t been updated in a few months though - so not sure how accurate it is.

(Ryan Ray Neff) #5

Ugh. They phoned it in for the IFTTT implementation. They only created ‘actions’ and no ‘triggers’, so you can’t kick off other actions based on the temp. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I suppose.

(Ankit Prasad) #6

Ugh looks like the issue is held up by Smartthings… They said that they had finished the work a while ago but posted on their blog:

“Just recently, we learned that Samsung has chosen to change their platform for SmartThings. Therefore, for the last 6 months, they have not been certifying new products due to this change.”

Wonder if this is true…

(Ryan Ray Neff) #7

I believe it. The smarthings migration tool from the v1 hub to v2 was promised years ago, and never came around. It wouldn’t surprise me if the v3 hub launch delays loads of integrations.

(Matt Kennedy) #8

I can speak on this as the developer that worked on our integration for SmartThings.

Device certification isn’t yet available for their current API. As you can see in the certification documentation, as of this writing, it’s coming soon. From my communication with support this past summer, I was told it would launch in November alongside their development conference.

Hope to get it out to you guys real soon!

(Warren) #9

Why not just release it as a community DTH?