My CoRE is broken? - Fixed! Thanks!

I’ve been using CoRE for ~6 months. I just got back from a trip, and none of my pistons are firing and I can’t get into CoRE. The smartapp won’t open (pinwheel spins, then nothing. Both iPhone and iPad).

I tried to reauthorize with no luck. I deleted and reinstalled the SmartThings App. I looked for a Github update in IDE, but there wasn’t one.

I’m not sure what else to do. I really would rather not delete it, I don’t want to lose my pistons.

I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

First thing to look at: login to IDE, go to My SmartApps and click on the CoRE app and ensure you have the latest version v0.3.169.20170104 installed.

3 Likes

Oooh. Nope. “v0.3.15f.20161004”

My Github integration doesn’t show an available update. What is the proper way to update without messing something up (i.e. losing pistons)?

Open IDE: My SmartApps, click the settings button, and make sure the Github Repositories is set properly for it. The settings should look like this:

If not, add a new repository with those settings. Then on the Update from Repo button and choose CoRE (master). on the Update from Repo page, select the publish box and choose Execute Update.

Manually update this way…
Go here: https://github.com/ady624/CoRE/tree/master/smartapps/ady624/core.src and click on core.groovy, click the Raw tab and select all and copy.
Open IDE: My SmartApps: open the CoRE app, and replace the current code with the code you copied. Save and publish.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. A manual code update fixed the issue.

2 Likes

I have been using CoRE for months now and love it. I see that there is a new WebCoRE version under development. I am wondering if someone can help me solve an issue with the original Core version. I am using “Load attribute from variable” for thermostat control. I see in the version history that there was a problem with this function but it was reported and resolved. I am using version v0.3.169.20170104, which I believe is the latest version. The version history says this issue was resolved in version 12/20/2016 >>> v0.3.168.20161220. However - I am still having issues getting this function to work. My Pistons seem to be fine because if I remove the variable and replace with a "set heating point to 70 - it works fine. Using the variable, it seems to not process at all as no messages are created in the ST notifications. I could go through and change all my Pistons from variables to fixed statements, but for me that is a ton of work, I have one Piston that changes the global heating and cooling variables based on time, occupancy, outside temp, etc. Then all of the Pistons that have thermostats in them read those global variables and set the thermostat. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.