@nychan, the devices only report changes in temperature or humidity, if there is no change there is no report.
For example, I understand that you have configured (300sec Max Interval and 50 for trigger Temp change).
your device will inform of any change between 0.1° and 0.4° every 300 sec and changes of >= 0.5 ° since previous report, always.
If you only need to see changes >= 0.5° then you must be configure the Interval report to 3600 sec or more. In this way, the predominant trigger of the report will be the condition >=0.5°.
You only will receive reports of less than 0.5° if the 3600 sec passed and there has been a change <0.5°.
I do not know if I have explained well, any questions tell me.
A graphic example in case it helps someone to clarify
@nychan, change the values depending the use that you are going to give the sensor, (control or info only), but bear in mind that you will not receive reports, events, if the configured conditions are not met and therefore you will not be able to trigger automatic actions linked to these Sensors until a change occurs in temperature or humidity that triggers the report, event.
Just one question, I have used both the SmartSense Moisture Sensor+TimeRep+TempChangeRep and the SmartSense Multi Sensor+TimeRep+TempChangeRep DTH but notice the multi sensor runs cloud and the moisture runs locally, is this correct or am I missing something?
How weird!
mine show all local, it’s a v3 hub.
try to put the original dth to see if it puts local and put the modified one again later.
It will not be necessary to change the report values, they remain as you have them
I switched back to the standard dth and its now showing Local and interestingly when I go into the device setting in the app the report triggers are still present although not adjustable and the sensor seems to be following the settings.
The variables values are show, but the original dth configure report with 300sec and 1°.
When you reinstall the modified dth your values will be configured again if you did not erased it
Yes as you say the values are still shown and the standard dth appears to be following the values. The temp value hasn’t updated in the history since 18:24 which at the time of writing is 32 minutes ago. The set value when using your dth was set to 60 mins.
I have a multipurpose sensor on the garage door without the magnet and set as a garage door in settings. It was working fine, but once I switched to this device handler, it’s not working right. I open the garage door and it shows open. I close the garage door and it shows closed, but a few minutes later SmartThings shows it open even though it’s still closed. The IDE shows contact open too, but the last thing listed in the devices events in the IDE was closed and no open event at all. Very strange.
I don’t know, in that part of the code I didn’t change anything.
Did you try turning garage door settings back to “Yes” again after installing the DTH?
I’ve toggled it Yes/No/Yes. I’ve pulled the battery too. When I put the battery back in, the IDE event log reported it is Closed, but the SmartThings app shows Open as well as the IDE contact shows Open. When I enable the STHM, it’s reporting that 1 sensor it open as well. Hummm…
I just tried to reset it by holding down the button for 5 seconds and even longer, but it doesn’t seem to want to reset since the led never flashed. It flashed when I held it down while inserting the battery though, but still didn’t reset it. I’ve even put in a new battery and still, it will show closed at first, then it goes to open in a few minutes even thought the IDE event log doesn’t show any open event. Too weird.
I just changed it back to the DTH that it was on before the SmartSense Multi Sensor, and it’s working fine again. It could be that I’m using the older multipurpose sensor model CentralLite 3321-S and not the newer sensor SmartThings multiV4 model on the garage door.
(Or)
Another funny thing is that both the IDE and the SmartThings app still show the extra settings available. And, I noticed that the Garage setting is in the second position on the list in the SmartThings app using the original DTH, but when using this DTH it shows the garage setting in the fourth/last position.