Multisensors Samsung Battery drop quickly after hub v3 firmware update

Hello @troy_owens,
That may be correct if it has been at the end of the time interval that you have selected.
400 equals 4%. that is, it will report all changes> = 4% regardless of the time interval selected for the report.
but when it meets the set interval, for example 15 minutes, it will report any change between 1% and 3%.
It is an OR operation between both thresholds.
In this post it is explained with photos of temperature, which is the same as for humidity.

I have the time interval set at 10 minutes and still reporting at 1% changes even on minute intervals. The temp is reporting correctly after 10minutes however

That may be that the configuration was not saved properly.
Repeat the process changing the version of the dth to draft and after 1 minute it returns to the published version. Confirm that you have a good signal between hub and device.
In zigbee I do not see, and others seem to have not succeeded either, how to easily execute the configuration if it is not during the pairing or updating process of the dth.
I’m trying to make it easier but I can’t do it, and smartthings doesn’t answer on how to solve these problems of excessive temperature and humidity reports that drain the batteries.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll give it another try this evening.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo, as for the garage door setting, do you think it’s because I’m using the original SmartThings multipurpose sensor, or that the garage setting is displayed differently using your DTH?

Yes, in dth modified the Garage door setting is written in last position.
In original dth only have two settings, temperature offset and Garage door

@DaWeav Sorry, I did not understand your question well.
I don’t know if your sensor model is the problem. This model fingerprint is in original and modified DTHs. Only the temperature configuration code was modified. I think that must be works well with two DTHs.

So, after several tries. it absolutely will not change the humidity reporting. Only receiving temp reporting config…

Hi @troy

I don’t have a device installed to see it.
Looking at the dth code, for humidity there is no specific answer, I understand that this answer means that the device has received and accepted all the configuration sent.
As the dth works locally, if you put the version of the dth in Draft you can see in the log, the values sent to the device, after seeing this log:
log.debug “Configuring Reporting and Bindings.”

Have you ever used the IDE simulator?

It does appear that the config is being sent to the device, the device simply is not accepting and returning a response that it was received and processed. maybe its something to do with the device itself

Please, could you send a screenshot the humidity reports and wath settings values?

I see that it is a very sensitive device to humidity changes.
Most of the reports have been sent due to the trigger adjustment of >= 2% (200). Only two of them were sent with 1% increment.
I would try to adjust the humidity report trigger to >= 5% (500) in order to see if the intervals between reports increase approaching the programmed 10 minutes.
Depending on the precision you need, play with these two values until you get the frequency and precision you are looking for.

I tried 400 but haven’t tried 500 yet

I think that in a refrigerator the humidity changes can be very fast, if it is also no-frost with more reason. Especially when the door is opened and after closing it.
The sensor is also very sensitive. I would try 5% or higher. If the humidity change does not occur because it is stable, the report will be sent after 10 minutes.
In screenshot humidity change 20% in 4 minutes. This will surely happen every time you open and close the door. Therefore in my opinion, if you are interested in increasing the report interval, you are obliged to raise the report trigger a lot.

The problem I am seeing here is that the humidity reporting configure response never reports back as the temperature does. So I’m thinking the issue must be with the sensors themselves. Same issue with 2 Sonoff sensors

I think the problem is that device is inside refrigerator. Try one hour at ambient after stabilized

what is the fingerprint and manufacturer of the device in IDE?
I will check the dth to see if there is something wrong.
there are settings for different manufacturers in the dth

the data a little lower, troy