More "unavailable" devices

Yup, add me to the mix as well. System was relative stable / reliable, as much as one can call ST “reliable”…

In the last 3-4 weeks device availability seem to come and go. Today it is this device, tomorrow it that one, with the original magically back again. Some fail to respond no matter what I do. My devices are also all across the spectrum: z-wave, zigbee, battery and powered devices. It is the hardwired switches and outlets that kill me - they can use all the juice they want for comms…

My system is now at the point where I cannot rely on anything without physically verifying it. Switches show as on when they are off - you get the idea. The worst is the absolutely ridiculous response times from an entirely local operation, ie motion -> light on in the range of > 30s! Or asking Alexa to turn X on and she says OK, but absolutely nothing happens…

I am seriously redoubling my efforts again to find something, even if it comes at a cost, that will run locally and that is reliable. To only thing, if I do find something, is how much I will miss webCore. Adrian continues to be the life saver for the ST world.

J

1 Like