Mood Music w/ Sonos - help

(Brian S) #1

Help - I am trying to figure out if something recently changed causing my use of Sonos to stop working with the Mood Music App or if this is some on-going functionality glitch associated with Sonos integration.

I have virtual switches set up to play selected Sonos stations using the mood music app. I can then use Amazon echo to say “turn on Johnny Cash” or “turn on Bob Dylan” . This worked fine for a number of days then stopped. Now regardless of which preset (virtual button) is selected through either smart things or Alexa I only get playing whatever is currently queued up on Sonos.

Can’t figure out what changed ?

(Brian S) #2

Anyone have any ideas ?

ST removed Mood Music app completely and that’s probably why you’re having issues.

Mood Music and other Sonos related apps have been removed from the ST Marketplace.

I just tested, with the code for Mood Music from ST IDE template and I can’t even get it to install anymore, just errors out. No error messages in Live Logging either.

This is probably ST trying to force everyone to use Samsung speakers.

(Brian S) #4

Actually mine has been working really good now for a couple of weeks – – although I was having some problems this morning but it appeared to be a Pandora issue and seems to be resolved.

I did notice the disappearance of the mood music app – but it appears that they have consolidated apps and now that functionality exists in a new app – believe it’s called speaker companion.